• ...and so much more!
  • WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

PHOENIX - He's been at the center of the discussions and controversies surrounding illegal immigration enforcement in Arizona for quite a while.

On the day parts of Arizona's immigration law, SB 1070, went into effect, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is in the news for another reason: there's a price on his head - allegedly offered by a Mexican drug cartel.

The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.

"It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."

A man who wants to remain anonymous says his wife received the text message Tuesday evening. It also included an international phone number and instructions to pass the message along.

"She showed it to me..I was kind of disgusted..I reported it to the Sheriff's department yesterday..they said they were going to direct the threat squad on it."

Lisa Allen of the Sheriff's office says they believe the message originated in Mexico.

Although the Sheriff has received numerous death threats in the past, they believe this threat is credible because of its timing.

"Arpaio gets threats pretty routinely, but obviously with this heightened awareness of his role in the immigration issue we've got to take this one a little bit more seriously with a million dollar contract out on him," said Allen.

But she says what really concerns investigators is how quickly the message may have been spread. "It's going so many different places that our folks are looking at it and thinking well at any given point in time it could land in front of some crazy person who thinks I can do that."

As for Arpaio's reaction to the threat, "It's a little bit like water off a duck's back for him, but you never know if it's that sense of false bravado with him..you just can't read it, I'm sure he's concerned, I'm sure he's concerned for his family more than anything else," said Allen.

The Sheriff's office says investigators are trying to trace exactly where the text message came from, but because it did originate from an international number, that will be difficult too.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm surprised it took this long for a big bounty to be placed on Arpaio's head. Don't expect any help from Mexico on tracking down the number or it's originator. The Mexican Government and Obama are both out to destroy this country anyway that they can. If something were to happen to the Sheriff, as much as I would hate that, Obamanation would almost be forced to do something about the Border situation.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw]YouTube - 1 million dollars[/ame]

He likely put the rumour out there himself. He's his own biggest promoter.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    My mom had a place in Scottsdale and Sheriffy Joe is certainly a local hero. I hope they don't get to him and I certainly thing they are messing with the wrong guy. You may not agree with all his tactics (pink jumps suits and green bologna - sounds appropriate to me!), but you gotta respect him...he's gotta pair and doesn't back down.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yet our outstanding AG, Eric Holder, will not be concerned at all that an elected official of these United States is being threatened by a foreign cartel. I can't think of too many things that should be of greater concern to the chief law enforcement official in the Federal Government.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    This is no surprise, that is how they deal with police and politicans that aren't with them in Mexico. Those ways are moving up here more and more.
    I have a friend that lives on the border and travels between Mexico and the US and is politically connected in Mexico. He recently sent me some pics of a Mexican politician that was "clean and honest and going to clean things up." If you want to see these pics pm me your e mail because I can't post them here.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    seems like once again the mexicans confuse the way that they do business in Mexico with the way things work here in the states.

I would really hate to see illegals start turning up in ditches.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I'm surprised it took this long for a big bounty to be placed on Arpaio's head. Don't expect any help from Mexico on tracking down the number or it's originator. The Mexican Government and Obama are both out to destroy this country anyway that they can. If something were to happen to the Sheriff, as much as I would hate that, Obamanation would almost be forced to do something about the Border situation.

Do you really believe that? You don't think that people are sacrificed daily in the name of political expediency? And it did not just start with this administration.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If this is true, wouldn't Governor Brewer be justified in ordering Arizona National Guard troops on the border to protect a threatened elected official from an outside threat? Just askin'!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Do you really believe that? You don't think that people are sacrificed daily in the name of political expediency? And it did not just start with this administration.

Yeah, Sheriffs are killed every day in this country for political reason, pffftttt.... There has always been crap going on behind the scenes in politicis but now with Obama, Clinton, Holder and the other ****tards running the country it's done right out in the open. Obamanation will only do something if an elected official is murdered down there and even then he won't do much.

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    what does the messiah care if some lowly sheriff gets killed, mexican govt will get jurisdiction meaning nothing will ever happen and everyone will whine until they forget about it or be ignorant enough to believe the mexican govt will do something and he'll write it of his list. sad to say this country is a joke

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't like Sheriff Joe as a Sheriff ... As a jailer he is great ... but Joe is an old DEA bureaucrat .. yeah I like what he is doing to the wetbacks ... I lived in Phoenix area for about 10 years some of it under Joe ... he is no friend of the Constitution ... but he is GREAT at PR .. now I don't want to see a hit on him ... I would just like to see him voted out ...
    Duncan

Top Bottom