• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    anyone know anything about these. im looking for one 12' wide x ? long. im finding them online for 795 installed for 12 ga metal. i think ill defintally want 12 ga over 14 due to the fact its always windy here. a full size truck is all that needs to fit under it

has anyone bought off these online companies? is there hidden prices? companies you recomend or dont recomend?

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    I have one that I bought and turned into my horse barn, I believe it is ' 16 by24.
    If you have a wind problem have the company that installs it put in mobile home anchors at all 4 corners. Mine has not moved and I have had some nasty winds accross my pasture.. knock on wood....it has been the best barn I have ever had for live stock.'

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have one that I bought and turned into my horse barn, I believe it is ' 16 by24.
    If you have a wind problem have the company that installs it put in mobile home anchors at all 4 corners. Mine has not moved and I have had some nasty winds accross my pasture.. knock on wood....it has been the best barn I have ever had for live stock.'

thanks and will do

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    The mobil home anchors is what makes it "certified", and can be done for much less than most of the companies charge for it.

Dad has several on the farm, some 4 car, some for larger Ag equipment. They are really noisey in the wind, he's never lost a panel, but there look junky after a few years, (faded chaulky paint, dents from tree limbs, etc).

The new ones he puts up now are 4x4 cedar posts, simple trusses, and a barn board exterior. Looks better, is quiet, and holds a coat of paint or stain twice as long. More money, yeah. Lasts longer, yeah.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I used to install carports and patio covers. Try to find a dealer in your area that carries covers made by Mason Corp. out of Birmingham AL. All other systems pale in comparison to Mason Corp. I have three of them on my house, and the carport itself has been standing since 1989.

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    I have a 16x24 but ordered 10' tall for a little more $$. I suggest buying one from a local reputable dealer (a business with a store front ) I found the bldg I was looking at all come from the same distributor, but if you have any problems you want the dealer to be there for you. The delivery crew where all Mexican and spoke no English..They had it done in about 30 minutes. I did the ground anchors I got them a Mernards Later I bought metal for the sides and I installed them, even finish the ends with garage doors

Top Bottom