• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Okay, this has probably been covered here to some degree before, but it is a wide topic to search. If a guy wanted to stock up on some good metal AR type mags because he 1) fears a high cap mag ban is imminent, and 2) may be purchasing a rifle that won't accept polymer mags; which ones should he look at?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    my understanding is the only rifle that won't take polymer mags is a mini-14?
    if i might, not to hijack your thread, but if you're looking for an AR for prepping purposes, I'd look to one that is accepts universal parts and magazines. just my 2.

to answer your question directly, i'd check gunbroker. stick with USGI mags.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    my understanding is the only rifle that won't take polymer mags is a mini-14?
    if i might, not to hijack your thread, but if you're looking for an AR for prepping purposes, I'd look to one that is accepts universal parts and magazines. just my 2.

to answer your question directly, i'd check gunbroker. stick with USGI mags.
    Thanks Havoc. No I am not a prepper. Not that I am not prepared, just not like that.:): Among other rifles that won't take polymer mags would be the FN FS2000.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    44mag.com has D&H mags for a good price.
    Gray teflon with green followers and black teflon with Magpul followers for just a few cents more.
    They don't carry them anymore but I bought some of the black teflon with green followers. They've had a lot of rounds go thru them and they have been flawless.

I forgot to mention that I've bought from 44mag a number of times and if I remember correctly the shipping is free if the order is over a certain amount.
    They have a good rep and have always shipped in a decent amount of time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Who makes the DSG mags and have you used them?

Not sure who makes the DSG mags (of course the have DSG's name on the floorplate, but that doesn't mean anything); the black Teflon finish reminds me of LaBelle from back in the day.

I have not personally used them, but have sold about 300 of them through the shop this year, and have only had a couple come back with any reported issues.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know that there have been lots of improved followers over the years, but if you get a cheap price on the old mags, even if they have the original aluminum followers, get them. I have original aluminum follower 20 round mags from the 1970's that have never misfeed.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    D&H,(Formerly LaBelle), makes them for DSG, 44 mag, and Palmetto Armory. All great mags!! Teflon inside and out with green Magpul followers.
    Palmetto has their stamp on the bottom, but same.
    Actually, just ordered some from Palmetto.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom