• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Merry Christmas INGOers!

This Holiday Season my family has been traveling around and visiting various family members across the State. Last night after visiting my Aunt in Carmel we headed to lovemywoods' cabin in Brown County to spend the night. This morning we awoke to presents and food and lots of laughs. Our 2 young sons love going down to 'Pappaw and Grandma's'-- especially when there are wrapped presents involved.

I especially love going when there are new gun parts involved. :D

This year Santa brought lovemywoods a Vortex Viper 6.5-20 scope, Vortex rings, and a Vortex bubble level. It's nice knowing that Santa works with INGO Advertisers like A&A Optics. ;) lovemywoods added a Nightforce 20MOA base and his heirloom Remington 700 in .223 had a new lease on life!

So what does one do when they're out in the woods, it's cold and wet outside, warm and toasty inside, and they have a new gun to shoot?

They have a Hillbilly Holiday!

And here's how we did it.

Step 1:
    Move the dining table in the sunroom closer to the window, turning it into a shooting bench.

IMG_9784.jpg

IMG_9785.jpg

Step 2:
    Open the window.

IMG_9786.jpg

Step 3:
    Open the screen. (don't forget this step!)

IMG_9788.jpg

Step 4:
    Close the door to the house and put on eyepro and earpro.

IMG_9789.jpg

Step 5:
    Load up the Remington 700 with .223.

IMG_9791.jpg

Step 6:
    Check out the new scope and locate your steel target array 132 yards away on the other side of the lake.

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

Step 7:
    Fire in the hole!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP8H48IW4OY[/ame]

Step 8:
    Admire the new hardware and take note of how warm and snuggly this new shooting perch is.

IMG_9802.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

Step 9:
    Don't neglect to police your brass!

IMG_9815.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think the best part was when I could hear my 3-year-old run from the living room to the kitchen yelling "Grandma!! Dad is shooting inside the house!!"

Amazingly, within just seconds of finishing up our 30-round 'range trip', we were able to film several deer walking through the woods on the other side of the house, completely uncaring of the shooting going on around them. :dunno:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diAwtj6dfIk[/ame]

We're back home now hoping to not miss Santa's visit to our own house later tonight. I hope all you INGOers have a blessed and wonderful Holiday and that you're sharing it with those you love most-- even if things do get a bit hillbilly. :D

:ingo:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So Evan, did everyone in the house have ear pro on? Or does closing the door between the house and sun room muffle the noise enough?

I thought it was cool to be able to shoot off of the deck! But you had to go one better, huh!?

VERY COOL!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So Evan, did everyone in the house have ear pro on? Or does closing the door between the house and sun room muffle the noise enough?

The noise/report inside the sunroom was surprisingly docile! Obviously lovemywoods and I wore earpro but closing the door to the house kept the noise out for everyone else out. It wasn't even as loud as some indoor ranges I've been to. I think this had to do with the barrel being mostly out the window. We didn't try my BattleComp'd SBR. :D

I thought it was cool to be able to shoot off of the deck! But you had to go one better, huh!?

That's what Dad said. ;)

And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!

Thank you sir!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well, that sounds like a great day, indeed!

However, far be it of me to question ones fashion sense, but WTH IS UP WITH THAT HAT!

Are you now talking with a British accent?

Top Bottom