• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Has anyone tried one? If so what are your thoughts. I just bought one for my Henry that I put Skinner sights on. Skinner now sells them. I a am excited to see out it works out. It screws in in place of the Skinner aperture's.

I spotted them when when I was looking at buying extra aperture's.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Old company, I have had several of them for years. Dependable, durable and in expensive (as compaired to Anshultz and Gehmann) I have both a target model with a rubber disk to block stray glare and a hunting model that does not block as much. The adjustment has detents so you can open it "just a click" while the german ones do not have detents. They are a small stem that requires a thread adapter for the top shelf rear match rifle sights.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have the Merit Optical Attachment for shooting glasses, it was my grandfather's. I have never used it, but I am sure in the next few years I will be putting it to use.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I use one of those now.

I looked at using it last summer shooting my bullseye pistols, the front sight is just starting to get a little fuzzy. Maybe I'll order a Couple of new suction cups and put it back in service.
    I have looked at maybe getting glasses just to shoot with also. I am in the denile part of going blind. :)

Does it work well for you ?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just realize I had not updated this thread. I bought the sight for my Henry Big Boy 44 mag with the Skinner sights. I love it. It is awesome to be able to adjust the aperture without having to swap the aperture eye piece.

I like to so much I put on on my Henry 45-70. It has an XS rear sight. I had to order a threaded stem (which XS sells) I did have to machine the stem so it was flat and wide enough to seat the aperture. It can be done with a jewelers file too. I can say that I am sold on the Merit sight. All my peep sights will be switched to the Merit's in the future!

My only regret is I did not get much range with them as I wanted this summer. Just a few hundred rounds at most. Life got in the way. :( I hope to resolve that issue this coming up year. I think that will be my New Years resolution!

Top Bottom