• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So, the night before the Magpul handgun course, I pulled my Glock 17 out of the safe and noticed that the back of the Meprolight adjustable rear night sight was moved all the way to the right. I figured it had gotten bumped somehow, and I'd just adjust it back over. I applied the adjustment tool and started turning; there were audible clicks, but nothing moved. If I pushed the adjustable part of the housing over with my finger, it would center, but then it would snap back to the right as soon as I took the pressure off. WTH, over? I had adjusted the sight ONCE after installation (to get it zeroed), and that was it. I had put about 1500 rounds through the gun since then with no issues at all. To make things worse, I dug up the original packaging for the sights, and discovered that I'd never sent in my warranty registration, nor had I saved the receipt from when I purchased the sights back in May of last year. :ugh:

So with no other recourse, I called Kimber (importer for Meprolight) and left a message explaining the problem and asking someone to call me back. Got a return call within a few hours, and the customer service rep said to fill out as much of the warranty card as I could, and send it and the rear sight back in the original packaging, and they'd submit it as a warranty claim.

Well, I procrastinated, and finally got everything sent out on 5/28. Today (6/7), I received a brand-new rear sight in the mail. No fuss, no charge, no questions asked.

Can't ask for any better than that!

:+1:

Last edited:

Monkeyleg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Kimber is a great company to deal with. I had a Gold Match for two years before I decided I didn't think the trigger was as good as it could be. Called them (a year after it was out of warranty) and they said "send it back". They did a trigger job for free!

I have Meprolight sights on my Pro Carry, and they're getting dim after 9 years. I'll be ordering more from them again.

Top Bottom