• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Nice work on your part. Sometimes a little effort goes a long way. BTW, I've never had any issue at Schererville Menards.

I had a positive talk with the Shererville Menards manager a year ago he asked me questions about indiana law and I answered them and directed lim to the IN Legislature so he could look up the citations for himself and encouraced him to get his larry. Very positive.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Just recently bought storm doors and siding from Mishawaka Menards. Open carried there no problems. I will make them my first choice now that they have shown themselves to 2nd amendment friendly.

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    I am glad to hear Menards Has a pro-2A stance. I do most of my shopping there because of their large selection of heavily advertised AMERICAN MADE products

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Couple of things:

to the few who have said they're glad Menards has a "pro 2-A" stance... That's not entirely true.

Simply put, they're not "Anti-2A". They don't seem to care one way or another. IE - like Starbucks' stance: We follow state/local laws.

That is indeed a nit, but I like to pick nits.

Also, OP, it's not against forum rules for you to copy/paste your own email correspondence into a thread.

-J-

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ok, here you go.

Sent: 07/01/2013 09:49:10 PM CST
    --------------------------------
    I have spent thousands of, dollars at menards over the years. I live near the Griffith menards. I am in there all the time. Almost every employee know me by sight. I carry a side arm for personal protection. I open carry everywhere, and have been in the Griffith store hundreds of times without incident. *The security guard that has been there for years and knows me well has not been there the last several times I've been there. *There is a new guard there who allowed me to enter unaccosted, but as I was leaving after making a purchace, he stopped me and told me,that the manager had asked that I don't return unless I conceal my firearm. *Hello Home Depot. I will not buy anything from mENARDS any more.

Blue,

You are more than welcome to bring in your side arm. *I'll address this issue with the store manager.

Thank you,
    Ray

-----Original Message-----
    *[mailto:guest@menards.info
    ]
    Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 9:49 PM
    To: Menard, Inc. - Guest Services
    Subject: Website Guest Contact 07/01/2013 09:49:10 PM

Blue,- I am writing in regards to your email about your visit to our store. I definitely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. I personally want*to say, you are more than welcome to shop in our store with a side arm. Please allow us a second chance at retaining your business. I will address this with my security service along with my management staff. Please feel free to*contact me @ 219-972-4328 or by reply email.*
    Thank You

JASON AGUIRRE
    General Manager 1st Asst
    Menard, Inc - GRIFFITH
    6050 WEST RIDGE ROAD
    GARY, IN 46408-1701
    [P] (219) 972-4329
    [F] 219-838-2616
    GRIFGeneralManager@menards.com
    _________________________________________*

I just want to thank you again for your prompt response to my recent difficulty at your Griffith Indiana store. I shared the incident with a few friends and they advised me to give you a link to the Indiana Gun Owners forum so you could see the the positive response to your pro Second Amendment stance. Thank you again for your support of our Constitution.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/305182-menards.html

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have 2k worth of kitchen and bath supplies to buy this weekend, was planning to go to Lows since they are close, will be driving out of my way to go to Westfield Menards now.

I do not ask for a buisness to be 2A, all I ask is that they follow the state laws and not make their own, don't go out of your way to enforce your beliefs or rules...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Couple of things:

to the few who have said they're glad Menards has a "pro 2-A" stance... That's not entirely true.

Simply put, they're not "Anti-2A". They don't seem to care one way or another. IE - like Starbucks' stance: We follow state/local laws.

That is indeed a nit, but I like to pick nits.

BuzzKillington.jpg

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    They may be neutral about 2A arguments, however, at least they welcome gun owners into their stores.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I also love Menards and OC often when I go. I won't go to Home Depot at all, and Lows is a maybe.... but Menards is my #1 choice!

I've rated the two I go to as being 2AFriendly, looks like others in Indiana have as well :thumbsup:
    mX5DNiB.png

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    I am glad to hear that about the Menard chain of stores. I have spent thousands of dollars at the Valparaiso store throughout the years. The store manager there has on many occasions shown his compassion for his customers. I am glad to hear that Mr. Menard is a Constitutional supporter. My business will still take place with such a fine establishment.

Top Bottom