Medal of Honor awarded to Staff Sergeant Sal Giunta today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Talk about mixed emotions...to be honored by your country, to be judged worthy of winning this medal by your peers, only to have a person who has ridiculed and insulted the military hang it around you neck.

Congrats and kudus to SSG Giunta and the thanks of an often thankless nation should go out to him..."All the Way!"

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Talk about mixed emotions...to be honored by your country, to be judged worthy of winning this medal by your peers, only to have a person who has ridiculed and insulted the military hang it around you neck.

Congrats and kudus to SSG Giunta and the thanks of an often thankless nation should go out to him..."All the Way!"

I know it wouldn't happen...

But can you imagine if SSG Giunta took the podium and said what many soldiers feel?

No guarantee that he feels the same, but it sure seems that many post-Korea vets are on the opposite side of the Donkey.

-J-

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I salute him. It's almost incomprehensible that there are young people like this out there, doing things like this. I'm sure that this young soldier will respect the award and will do nothing to embarrass the U.S. Army. He seems to have his head screwed on straight.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County

This ^.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Incredible man. It was very moving to see a living hero get The Medal of Honor. I may catch some crap for this but I think Obama did a pretty good job at the ceremony.

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    May God bless him and all those men and women that walk in his shoes daily, For with out those that stand Gard for us, put there lives on the line for us, and have given their lives for us, we would not know the life's we have today! :patriot:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    May God bless him and all those men and women that walk in his shoes daily, For with out those that stand Guard for us, put there lives on the line for us, and have given their lives for us, we would not know the life's we have today! :patriot:

Exactly what I was going to say.

Thank You to all our Armed Forces Hero's. :patriot:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I am not going to down the President. He is presenting that honor on the behalf of the people to Sgt. Giunta. In that regard, Obama did a good job. It's an extraordinary moment for the MOH to be awarded to anyone, let alone someone who is still alive.

And because it is such an extraordinary thing, I am irritated that the media, all of them, did not pay more attention to this. I really don't care about Prince William getting engaged.

Anyways, thank God that we have men and women like this serving our country.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From what I could find it was Navy Lieutenant Thomas R. Norris.

Thomas R. Norris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow! Thanks but that leads to another question. :D

If you read the wiki it says...

Six months later, in October 1972, Norris sustained a near-fatal head wound in action and was rescued by his fellow Navy SEAL, Michael E. Thornton. Thornton went on to receive the Medal of Honor for his actions; He was the first person in more than a century to receive the Medal of Honor for saving the life of another Medal of Honor recipient.

So the "next question" is who were those other 2 people 100 years before? ;)

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Incredible man. It was very moving to see a living hero get The Medal of Honor. I may catch some crap for this but I think Obama did a pretty good job at the ceremony.

I am not going to down the President. He is presenting that honor on the behalf of the people to Sgt. Giunta. In that regard, Obama did a good job. It's an extraordinary moment for the MOH to be awarded to anyone, let alone someone who is still alive.

And because it is such an extraordinary thing, I am irritated that the media, all of them, did not pay more attention to this. I really don't care about Prince William getting engaged.

Anyways, thank God that we have men and women like this serving our country.
    I can't stand the man. But I'll have to agree, he did seem to do a good job.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A great honor for a great soldier. His name will be sung during cadence calls and his bravery noised abroad in BCT bases all around.

Top Bottom