MCFG Membership Meeting on January 3rd, 2012; Great Time to Join!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The monthly Board meeting at Marion County Fish and Game Association is coming up on Tuesday, January 3rd at 7:15 pm.

Visit our website for details about the range and facilities as well as programs and matches that we offer. The link also contains directions to the club. Our physical address is 7052 Crawfordsville Rd., Indianapolis, IN.

http://www.indyrange.org/

Dues are $110 yearly and there is a one-time $25 fee for new members to cover your gate keycard. Renewals are $110. Also, don't forget that members receive discounts for many programs (i.e. Trap, Friday Night Steel, Bowling Pins). Please note: if you join now, your dues will be good for all of 2012.

Please be on-time and make sure you have your paperwork and payment (check or cash) handy; we expect a lot of people to attend, so if you're all squared away it will make things easier for us to end the meeting on-time. Please print the application and fill it out ahead of time and bring it with you to the meeting. Here is a link to it:

http://www.indyrange.org/media/Application_2011.pdf

Please review our rules and approved cartridge list:

http://www.indyrange.org/media/Range Rules 2011-01-04.pdf
    MCFG Indy Range - Approved Cartridges for use on the Ranges

You can also print a copy of our safety quiz and complete it beforehand:

http://www.indyrange.org/media/Rules_Reinforcement_Quiz.pdf

All new members are required to go through our safety orientation and complete a quiz before they can become a member. Our Safety Coordinator (Chris) will go over the rules, and there is time for Q&A. The only opportunities for safety orientation will be during monthly Board meetings. While I understand it can be a pain to make a Tuesday night meeting (you may have to take vacation, etc.), it is very difficult for our volunteer Safety Coordinator to schedule special times to meet new members at the club for safety training, as we have 1,000+ member families.

Thanks for your interest in our club, and for helping us promote the shooting sports in Indiana. It is through the memberships of so many people that we have been able to continuously improve (new windows, new gate, new roof, new bays, etc.) the club in the past year. We just finished a handicap accessible bathroom that Members can use during normal hours! Thanks to our existing Members, and we look forward to having new members join us for the 2012 shooting season!

bpeele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Join up people (if you're not already members). Last year was my first and I really like the place. Almost all the times i went i practically had the place to myself which is right up my alley. Friday Night Steel looks hella fun although i haven't participated yet. I sent in my renewal already. Well worth the $$.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just realized my membership is probably expiring. I joined Oct. 2010....

So I'll HAVE to send in my renewal by Jan 1, or 3rd? I'm not sure if I can make the meeting yet.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just realized my membership is probably expiring. I joined Oct. 2010....

So I'll HAVE to send in my renewal by Jan 1, or 3rd? I'm not sure if I can make the meeting yet.

I thought they have sent out a letter in the past (the one I have from last year was dated January, 2011. Since I had rejoined in Oct, 2010 as well I did not have to send it in for 2011.

I don't believe I have received mine as yet for this year, although the website (MCFG Indy Range - Memberships Available, How to Join, Dues) indicates that we need to send a check and fill out the application and send along with it (website seems to not allow copy/paste so I'm not including the exact text here).

So, I have the same question, will the renewal applications be mailed out in January again this year?

Also, the website references key day as they date by which you would need to pay your annual dues to avoid paying the initiation fee again, but I no longer see that date posted on the site. My letter from last year shows April, 2nd. Is it similar this year?

I know previously (before key cards were used like they are now) that there was a date when new physical keys were issued and you had to be paid up by then to avoid being locked out.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I thought they have sent out a letter in the past (the one I have from last year was dated January, 2011. Since I had rejoined in Oct, 2010 as well I did not have to send it in for 2011.

I don't believe I have received mine as yet for this year, although the website (MCFG Indy Range - Memberships Available, How to Join, Dues) indicates that we need to send a check and fill out the application and send along with it (website seems to not allow copy/paste so I'm not including the exact text here).

So, I have the same question, will the renewal applications be mailed out in January again this year?

Also, the website references key day as they date by which you would need to pay your annual dues to avoid paying the initiation fee again, but I no longer see that date posted on the site. My letter from last year shows April, 2nd. Is it similar this year?

I know previously (before key cards were used like they are now) that there was a date when new physical keys were issued and you had to be paid up by then to avoid being locked out.

Thanks in advance guys.

You are correct; renewals aren't due until Key Day. You don't need to attend a meeting to renew; you can just mail a check, just make sure you fill out the complete application again and include it with your payment.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You are correct; renewals aren't due until Key Day. You don't need to attend a meeting to renew; you can just mail a check, just make sure you fill out the complete application again and include it with your payment.

Thanks Chizzle, last question (hopefully): Will MCF&G be sending out a renewal form (as I received in the past) this year? I believe the one I received last year already had my info populated, etc. Not an issue either way, but if one is forthcoming, I will use that form for the renewal.

Would be great (although someone would have to keep track of it), if the club setup a PayPal account and accepted membership renewals that way. I'm not sure if there are any fee waivers for a non profit with PayPal or not, but I think if it was submitted as a gift that alleviates the fees, etc. I'm not a PayPal fee expert, but just a suggestion.

Thanks again!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So I can wait to renew until April?

Yes, but make sure it is before key day. If people don't renew before the deadline, they will be charged the $25 new member fee too. No exceptions. I don't want to sound crabby about this, but we have had several people in the past want us to make an exception for them, even though they didn't pay on time.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Chizzle, last question (hopefully): Will MCF&G be sending out a renewal form (as I received in the past) this year? I believe the one I received last year already had my info populated, etc. Not an issue either way, but if one is forthcoming, I will use that form for the renewal.

Would be great (although someone would have to keep track of it), if the club setup a PayPal account and accepted membership renewals that way. I'm not sure if there are any fee waivers for a non profit with PayPal or not, but I think if it was submitted as a gift that alleviates the fees, etc. I'm not a PayPal fee expert, but just a suggestion.

Thanks again!

We will be sending out the renewal notices. Regarding PayPal/credit cards, we haven't moved to that system yet, as it would cost us an additional 3%, which would drive up fees. We may look at it in the future, we just aren't there yet.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We will be sending out the renewal notices. Regarding PayPal/credit cards, we haven't moved to that system yet, as it would cost us an additional 3%, which would drive up fees. We may look at it in the future, we just aren't there yet.

Thanks for the follow up!

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    I joined in October 2011 - I realize my dues are good through this year -
    but do I need to submit the application again?

Thanks - I get out there about once a week and it's a great place to shoot.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Any update regarding the renewal notices going out as yet?

Thanks

Top Bottom