• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    hmm...I am starting to see the master plan.
    Distract the public with ethics charges of himself so Trump can become speaker.

I can 100% see you point of view!

History.
    View attachment 303506
    That is exactly I don't like gp. The headline is not supported by the article which is all political double speak

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Thought this was good from the Rubin Report. Seem odd that Biden wants 20 miles of border wall built in TX ? Whats up with that, all this talk of no more $$$ to Ukraine and secure our borders first.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Thought this was good from the Rubin Report. Seem odd that Biden wants 20 miles of border wall built in TX ? Whats up with that, all this talk of no more $$$ to Ukraine and secure our borders first.

Haven't verified this, but it seems like an example of something the "you need to compromise" crowd doesn't understand. The first step to compromise, is establishing your negotiating position, before stepping up to the table.

Where you end up, mostly depends on where you start.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I get it, Young ****es me off on the regular... I wish we had a better, more conservative Senator representing us, but his even his admittedly crappy voting record (CPAC):

View attachment 303484

Is light years better than Dem Senators from red/pink states. Here's John Tester from Montana... Montana for ***** sake:

View attachment 303485

Sherrod Brown from Ohio:

View attachment 303486

And even Manchin from W Virginia, the MOST "CONSERVATIVE" Dem Senator in the Senate:

View attachment 303487

If you don't want to vote for Young because he's a ******* ************* piece of ****, then have at it, it's your right, and I would not disagree with that characterization.

But, do not say he's no better than a Democrat, or always votes with them, etc.

That is just plain false. Bigly false.
    No clue where you get that at. They definitely do not take into consideration if the vote is constitutional or not. I look at the constitutionally of the vote. 118th he's 50% at best.

His overall is about 52%. 116th congress he vote against constitutional 73% of the time.

Mike Braun has voted 100% with the constitution in the 118th congress
    97% in the 117th. Huge difference between these two.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    No clue where you get that at. They definitely do not take into consideration if the vote is constitutional or not. I look at the constitutionally of the vote. 118th he's 50% at best.

I get it here from CPAC which tracks conservative/liberal votes:

His overall is about 52%. 116th congress he vote against constitutional 73% of the time.

I showed my link above... show yours? :)

Mike Braun has voted 100% with the constitution in the 118th congress
    97% in the 117th. Huge difference between these two.
    Abso-*******-lutely! I would love if we had two Brauns for Senators.

I'd take Braun (or someone like him) over Young in a heartbeat.

But that's not what this conversation is about... it's about whether Young is better than a Democrat... by the low bar, the answer is easily yes.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I get it here from CPAC which tracks conservative/liberal votes:

I showed my link above... show yours? :)

Abso-*******-lutely! I would love if we had two Brauns for Senators.

I'd take Braun (or someone like him) over Young in a heartbeat.

But that's not what this conversation is about... it's about whether Young is better than a Democrat... by the low bar, the answer is easily yes.

Have fun.
    This site is awesome you can go back to the 1st congress and see how they voted.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Have fun.
    This site is awesome you can go back to the 1st congress and see how they voted.
    I know how to look-up votes... where do you get:

118th he's 50% at best.

You've got a lot "baked" into those numbers... apparently you have your own "Constitutional votes" tracker based upon very specific bills.

How did the "most conservative" Democrat in the Senate compare, for example. Would that not be the metric for "Young is no better than a Democrat?"

Look, I suspect you (and most on here) and I agree Young is a ***** Senator, especially being from such a red state. I think we also agree, that if a "Braun" primaried against Young, the conservative would get our votes.... he'd definitely get mine.

But to protest vote in the general to hope/allow a Dem to win? Hoping for a better option 6 years later?

Naw... I learned my lesson with the Perot tee-shirt.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I know how to look-up votes... where do you get:

You've got a lot "baked" into those numbers... apparently you have your own "Constitutional votes" tracker based upon very specific bills.

How did the "most conservative" Democrat in the Senate compare, for example. Would that not be the metric for "Young is no better than a Democrat?"

Look, I suspect you (and most on here) and I agree Young is a ***** Senator, especially being from such a red state. I think we also agree, that if a "Braun" primaried against Young, the conservative would get our votes.... he'd definitely get mine.

But to protest vote in the general to hope/allow a Dem to win? Hoping for a better option 6 years later?

Naw... I learned my lesson with the Perot tee-shirt.
    By looking up their votes and seeing if they voted for or against the constitution. Pretty straightforward, and takes a little time but you can do it.

I've already posted in the past Youngs votes before the election for people to read but most ignored it. I even gave the bill number what and how he voted. If anyone was interested they could have looked it up.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    1696521370782.png

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    By looking up their votes and seeing if they voted for or against the constitution. Pretty straightforward, and takes a little time but you can do it.

I've already posted in the past Youngs votes before the election for people to read but most ignored it. I even gave the bill number what and how he voted. If anyone was interested they could have looked it up.
    Link to post?

And while Young has voted against us all too often, pretty sure a today's Bayh/Donnelly would be 100% against, 0% for.

Like I said, who is the most "conservative" Dem on the issues you care about? and vs Young?

Because THAT is what we're talking about with "let the Dems win".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Link to post?

And while Young has voted against us all too often, pretty sure a today's Bayh/Donnelly would be 100% against, 0% for.

Like I said, who is the most "conservative" Dem on the issues you care about? and vs Young?

Because THAT is what we're talking about with "let the Dems win".
    Ha link to post that's funny. If you want to go through thousands of my posts to find it go right ahead. Ask INGOmike he should remember it.
    I could go through it again, but it's a waste of time and effort because people will not accept anything they don't want to see or hear.

If you really want to know you'll research it yourself like I did. If you don't want to know then you won't. Like I said it's a waste of time if people do not want to see it or hear it.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Rome did not compromise with Carthage, and outlasted them by over 600 years
    some people are content being angry and accomplishing nothing.

In the meantime, we have 8 idiots who just compromised the ability of 18 Biden district republicans. Because of the eight idiots who are mad that McCarthy couldn’t boil the ocean in eight months with only the house, we will now compromise these seats, and give power back to the Democrats. It’s the dumbest political move in 20 years and people who who are mad that Republicans couldn’t snap their fingers and fix it all and somehow think this will make it better are complete ****ing idiots and they will be the ones most mad when Democrats take over, but still feel good about their principles because they didn’t compromise.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I would highly encourage people to view this podcast. Ruthless does an excellent job breaking down. What happened this week and the interview with Miller is spectacular. Miller was a former Trump guy and has a pretty good understanding of what happened.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Ha link to post that's funny. If you want to go through thousands of my posts to find it go right ahead. Ask INGOmike he should remember it.
    I could go through it again, but it's a waste of time and effort because people will not accept anything they don't want to see or hear.

If you really want to know you'll research it yourself like I did. If you don't want to know then you won't. Like I said it's a waste of time if people do not want to see it or hear it.
    Ahhhh... so I'm supposed to go through thousands of posts to find your custom "metric" of a Senator's measure of conservative... or constitutionalist. Sounds like you looked and on those votes you care about, ALL DEMS were 100% against and 0% for a conservative/constitutional vote.

"It's a waste of time and effort because people will not accept anything they don't want to see or hear."

Like I said, Young *****, but not as bad as any Dem would...

==================================================================

Anyhoo,

Back to Young... he has a CPAC lifetime rating of 77% voting conservative, only 59% since 2021.

That's versus, say Braun who is 93% Lifetime, 100% since 2021. Or, say Rand Paul who is 97%/100%.

So, yeah he's very liberal for a Republican Senator (though nowhere near Collins 43%/38% and Murkowski 55%/43% who are even worse, and are the most liberal R Senators)

But as far as being "as bad a Democrat" or "always voting with the Dems"? Not by a longshot:

The MOST Conservative Dem Senator is Manchin 26%/16% followed by Tester 11%/9%.

====================================================================

This is no endorsement of Young... give me someone better in the Primary and I'll vote against Young... but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ahhhh... so I'm supposed to go through thousands of posts to find your custom "metric" of a Senator's measure of conservative... or constitutionalist. Sounds like you looked and on those votes you care about, ALL DEMS were 100% against and 0% for a conservative/constitutional vote.

"It's a waste of time and effort because people will not accept anything they don't want to see or hear."

Like I said, Young *****, but not as bad as any Dem would...

==================================================================

Anyhoo,

Back to Young... he has a CPAC lifetime rating of 77% voting conservative, only 59% since 2021.

That's versus, say Braun who is 93% Lifetime, 100% since 2021. Or, say Rand Paul who is 97%/100%.

So, yeah he's very liberal for a Republican Senator (though nowhere near Collins 43%/38% and Murkowski 55%/43% who are even worse, and are the most liberal R Senators)

But as far as being "as bad a Democrat" or "always voting with the Dems"? Not by a longshot:

The MOST Conservative Dem Senator is Manchin 26%/16% followed by Tester 11%/9%.

====================================================================

This is no endorsement of Young... give me someone better in the Primary and I'll vote against Young... but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.
    So I'll make a deal with you I'll post 5 bills that were unconstitutional votes. I'll list them and how he voted. You go research each one then come back and tell me why it was an unconstitutional vote.

After you study those 5 I'll get you 5 more, and so on.

Otherwise it's a pure waste of time.

Top Bottom