• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Republican leadership is full of a bunch of idiots. They all look like incompetent morons.
    And we're the one's suffering by their lack of any kind of cohesive work.
    I'm about done with everything, to be honest. At this point we're all fooling ourselves. Even if we were able to start some sort of Conservative momentum, the damage is done. We all need to start thinking of living independent of any kind or organized government (that's the best case scenario). Worst case, we become essentially a communist state.
    Cohesive-shmohesive. Let 'em have the fight. Somebody has to rock the boat if you're gonna tack into the wind. Until they stop spending money we don't have, we're all screwed.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Did you read this thread you will better understand it. Many here want to burn it down, no matter the cost…

Who is Trump supporting for House Speaker?

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Keep doing what you've always done and you'll only have what you've already got.

Not happy with the current situation? Don't support the ones that got you to this point.

Republican and conservative are not necessarily synonyms, Republican is a political party, conservatism is a mindset, a way of thinking. Is the leadership you choose to support Republican or conservative? From where I'm watching, the two are growing further apart right now. The RINOS and the UNIPARTY look to be as hell bent on killing populism as the Dem/Libs.

I don't think all this party infighting will matter, at the end of the day, McCarthy will get the votes and as a nation, we'll keep doing what we've always done.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Like said above me honest people that have held real jobs need put into political power. “Knowing” how to be a politician should not be a thing. Term limits for all and let’s go back to a politician being a SERVICE not an OCCUPATION. The absolute only issue I have with this is the fact that the opposition ALWAYS comes together in the end because so much is allowed to sneak into bills all the palms get greased along the way. Single issue bills should also be a thing or at the VERY least allow enough time to read the ridiculous things.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Random thoughts for the thread.

There will be public power struggles over the shifts the republican party is going through.

This is a good sign there is action in the fight for the republican party.

Sitting quiet is not going to beat the swamp.

Those saying burn it down never seem to think things could be worse.

Those bemoaning “bitching, infighting and grandstanding” apparently think change is easy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Republican leadership is full of a bunch of idiots. They all look like incompetent morons.
    And we're the one's suffering by their lack of any kind of cohesive work.
    I'm about done with everything, to be honest. At this point we're all fooling ourselves. Even if we were able to start some sort of Conservative momentum, the damage is done. We all need to start thinking of living independent of any kind or organized government (that's the best case scenario). Worst case, we become essentially a communist state.
    There is a conservative movement, one that is gaining power, that is what this fight is all about. It seems like some here are looking for a perfect movement, not the actual ugly kind that is reality.

90% of all people cannot survive long term without some organized government, including you and most on INGO. If one lives in cities or suburbs they are toast without government, whether we like to admit it or not. Most get their most basic need, water, from the government. Government also handles the sewage and security, more basic needs for the overcrowded.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My congressional district changed for the 118th Congress from the 5th to the 4th district. I now have Jim Baird as my representative

He received his first missive from me today as a result of the house speaker election. I really don't have a strong opinion one way or another but it provided an entry point to press my new representative and to find out a little about him.

One thing I did find is that out of the first four votes he voted for representative McCarthy three times and abstained once.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Jordan does not want it.

Just read Chip Roy now nominated Byron Donalds for speaker. I have zero opinion as I know nothing about him. Wish Chip would just do it.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    McCarthy's hubris is pathetic and not the sign of a real leader.

He feels so entitled to this role he's willing to go round after round with less votes than the D nominee, then has the impudence to chide those voting against him? He beclowns himself, not those voting against him!

This is the problem with America!!! The whole "(S)he's next!" mentality of the statists is sickening. His attitude now is no different than HRC's in 2016!

The common pants wetters' attitude of "only X can solve our problems" is antithetical to our Republic. Government roles should be plug and play from any number of qualified candidates. It shows the sheepish, weak mentality of the majority of those who have been elected to represent us. "But, if not McCarthy, who can ever lead us?" Boo hoo...they all need to read some Nietzsche fer Pete's sake.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Or accept that things may have to get worse before they get better.
    True, but history has taught us that what we Americans are living now is likely better than most of what all humans before have ever lived. It is beyond illogical to think there is anything but the slimmest of chances burning it down begets something better…

Top Bottom