• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    MC Sports - Bloomington

1st Time to visit the store on the advice of Techres. Fair selection of long and handguns. Specific visit was to check out the PLR 16 - I didn't buy it but bought a Ruger Charger 22LR Pistol. Friendly and knowledgeable salesperson ) actually knew guns and the Ruger was reasonably priced :thumbsup:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Girlfriend bought her glock there, +1 from us too, really nice sales people and the guy didn't say anything you would expect from a gun shop :)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Girlfriend bought her glock there, +1 from us too, really nice sales people and the guy didn't say anything you would expect from a gun shop :)

Nate, you ever need a ride to MCSports, let me know. I always need an excuse!

Seriously, late last week I got the PLR. Monday I got a P22. And a Glock recently walked my way too. I love the place. Andrew does me well on trade-ins too (I am lighter a shotgun and a Kimber in the process - but he did me fair).

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    They get a big +1 from me too! At times you'll get someone who is just covering the department for luches or something and they will not know much, but that is ok as the people who work there are decent. Then there is Andrew, who is awesome and very nice to deal with and just to go in and talk too also.

Fair prices and can order almost anything for you. Now if they could get an LCP for me....... Best of all they are close to me so I can visit often! Wife does not agree the last part is a +1 :dunno:

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Big +1 from me, too. The firearms manager Andrew is awesome. Had lots of great experiences with them. Good prices and good people. Would definately recommend to anyone around Bloomington looking for a gun shop.

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    +1 from me as well.
    Went there for the first time Monday. I must have had a fill-in covering the firearms department b/c he didn't know too much (I had to do a lot of pointing b/c he didn't know model names and numbers). I was pleasantly surprised by their selection and prices. BTW- they have great prices on Fiocchi ammo right now, I bought about 2500 rounds there on Monday.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    ...I must have had a fill-in covering the firearms department b/c he didn't know too much...

Always call and ask if when Andrew Stipp is working. He is the man. All other employees are ok, but not very knowledgeable.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Hey, why the heck is Andrew not on here?! If someone has not told him yet they should and maybe give a few of the cards to him to give to those that might be interested.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hey, why the heck is Andrew not on here?! If someone has not told him yet they should and maybe give a few of the cards to him to give to those that might be interested.

I have bugged him about it. I think he wants to have a life during his off time. :lmfao:

I have not gotten him out to an Appleseed yet either...

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I know it's a "big box" store, but the gun dept. is managed by a fellow (Andy) who used to have his own gun shop here in town.

I've been treated well there, they have a layaway program (25% down and pay the balance in 2 months I think), and Andy does trades.

I've never had a better experience at a big box store.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    As long as Andrew is there, its a fine place to go. The other guys that work behind the counter, not so much. There's one guy I call "the bow guy" that's always got a bow in his hand when I see him and pretty much snubs the gunnies.

Andrew is top notch though.

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    they helped me ship a gun back to the mfg that i had bought from them for a warranty repair and i really appreciated it, they also seem to have reasonable prices

Top Bottom