• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I say we just fill the Rio Grande with piranhas and alligators and for the land borders: mine fields and booby traps.

But seriously... a DMZ style border I would not be opposed to. On the Mexican side they can stencil in instructions on how to enter America legally. Hell, even the Canadian side deserves a good proper fence in my opinion.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Minefields. Yes, really.

Well, what measures would you rule out when your country is being invaded? 11 million people who won't follow the rules to enter our country and whose country(ies) of origin HELP them to get over our borders isn't "immigration" it's "invasion" despite the lack of gunfire and visible weaponry.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Make the people captured build our fence! They don't get released until they finish the job.

It's a nice idea, but remember WWII?
    The Germans forced the Poles, some Jews, and others to work building their war machine. Sabotage was rampant.
    Another consideration, if they build it, they'll know the weaknesses and how to defeat it.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I have property in Texas by the border. It's so far south that if I want to drive north into a town with a stop light or McDonalds I have to go through a US border checkpoint that is placed about 60 miles inland from the border.

If they do actually put up a fence and there is an increase in hiring of border patrol I'd be all over that. I love the desert and the outdoors. Getting paid to protect my country that I love from illegal aliens? Oh yeah. I'd do that.

I took this picture, I am standing on the US/MX border. I am in the US. Otherside of the water is Mexico. You can easily just walk across. Texas itself is mostly a free for all. The Rio Grande at it's deepest may be waist deep. Really nothing to prevent anyone from crossing. I drove west Texas highway 170 and it literally borders the US/MX border for many miles. At any point you can just pull off on the side of the road ( as I did many times ) and walk 20-50 yards to the border. I stopped and took many photos along the way. I could drive for 30-40 minutes and never see another car. It's very under protected.

AP0rDej.jpg

Of course, most of the unfenced border is very beautiful land. Very scenic. Very remote. I doubt that there is a lot of illegal activity happening in some of these regions but I am not so naive as to believe that it doesn't occur there either.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember my first trip to mexico, crossing the border to work in juarez, the Rio Grande was a dry ditch full of weeds. Water stopped somewhere west of El Paso and was dry east of zaragosa. I guess I was expecting something a little more "grand".

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Yea the Berlin Wall was great. But I'm sure ours will be different because
    Mercia

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yea the Berlin Wall was great. But I'm sure ours will be different because
    Mercia

The Berlin wall was intended to prevent enslaved people from leaving, not to protect what is allegedly a sovereign nation from having foreign invaders invade at will. Huge difference there.

Top Bottom