• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am sure by now everyone is getting to know this name. Matt Bissonnette AKA Mark Owen, publisher of "No Easy Day" is in some serious heat over something that is become both ridiculous and pointless. I am sure most all of us on here will have varying opinions of his actions in regards to "divulging" classified information. I personally welcome the whistle blowers, and leakers. They keep our .gov on their toes and expose such things as Fast and Furious to the public that we would otherwise be ignorant on.

Rep. Peter King (NY), chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee said in a statement Aug 31st (yesterday):
    "Whether it is administration officials or special forces operators, national security leaks are wrong and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible."

So, this statement irritated me a bit. If this statement is in fact your beliefs Rep. King.....why, oh why.....have you not jumped all over your not-so-glorious leader Pres. Obama and his staff of cronies? The damage they have done to this country by leaking classified info is ten times worse than what Bissonnette has done. So get over yourselves....

I have emailed Rep. King asking him this very question, if you wish to do the same here is his email: Pete.King@mail.house.gov

Here is a linky for those that wish to do some more reading:
    Publisher of Bin Laden Book Refuses to Back Down | Military.com

Last edited:

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    My Email to Rep. King

Although I know I will get no response, It was worth it to me....

"Rep. King,
    I recently read in an article a statement you made in regards to Matt Bissonnette aka Mark Owen, Author of "No Easy Day", about his possible divulging of classified information. You were quoted as stating the following:
    "Whether it is administration officials or special forces operators, national security leaks are wrong and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible,"

Here is a link to the article you were quoted on:
    Publisher of Bin Laden Book Refuses to Back Down | Military.com

So, Representative King....
    My question to you is this. IF Mr. Bissonnette is in need of prosecution for releasing classified information then you are obligated to do the same to the current sitting President and his immediate staff. They have leaked more information in a year and a half, and damaged our National Security worse than ten people like Bissonnette could do in the same amount of time. Please consider this when making such statements.

Sincerely,
    A Concerned Citizen "

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Unfortunately, King, among others, will probably get a good laugh at the notion that there are people who believe he honestly cares what anyone outside the Washington beltway thinks.

I am not disagreeing with either of you. I know they will laugh all the way to DHS and add my name to a kill list....

But remaining silent is not in my nature. And going quietly isn't either...

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    LOL, I just received what I thought I would get.....an automated response that basically says "**** off" :

"I am in receipt of your recent e-mail and appreciate you taking the time to contact my office.

I receive over a thousand phone calls, letters and e-mails every day. While I make it a point to read every contact that comes through my office, I cannot always respond to each one but I certainly will do my best.

Please be assured that your e-mail is important to me and that I will do all I can to address your concerns.

All the best.

Pete King
    "

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like he has been trying since May 21...

PeteKing

PeteKing

PeteKing

There is a whole lot of difference to me between a whistleblower and someone who leaks info that will endanger overseas assets, our troops, and or our national security. I, not knowing the details of the book cannot determine at this time where this gentleman falls into.

I'm not particularly taking up for King, but what else could he say. It's alright for special forces operators to leak classified material (if they did) but nobody else. I'm just asking. It seems to me you have to draw a line somewhere. After what happened to the doctor in Pakistan after the raid leak, I imagine there are a number of "assets" "puckered up"

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood

PeteKing

PeteKing

PeteKing

There is a whole lot of difference to me between a whistleblower and someone who leaks info that will endanger overseas assets, our troops, and or our national security. I, not knowing the details of the book cannot determine at this time where this gentleman falls into.

I'm not particularly taking up for King, but what else could he say. It's alright for special forces operators to leak classified material (if they did) but nobody else. I'm just asking. It seems to me you have to draw a line somewhere. After what happened to the doctor in Pakistan after the raid leak, I imagine there are a number of "assets" "puckered up"

Thanks for the links.

From a standpoint of risking overseas assets and military forces I can see the point being made for sure. But honestly, Haji doesn't usually need a reason to attack FOB's with US personnel in them other than there are US personnel to kill.

My main irritation is the double standard BS the .gov is pulling on this one. The defense department is actively pursuing 1 man when an entire Presidential cabinet did much worse and multiple times.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

PeteKing

PeteKing

PeteKing

Therein lies the problem. By his actions, King is saying that it is OK for 'anyone else' to produce fresh leaks of classified information that do actual damage, but the person who lets slip that the lying SOB in chief is lying as usual (without sharing anything that hasn't already been compromised) needs nailed to the wall.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Therein lies the problem. By his actions, King is saying that it is OK for 'anyone else' to produce fresh leaks of classified information that do actual damage, but the person who lets slip that the lying SOB in chief is lying as usual (without sharing anything that hasn't already been compromised) needs nailed to the wall.

I sure cannot disagree with you. The way I understand as I read it, it is the Pentagon and the Obama admistration that are trying to nail him. If they come out and say he did break the law, and revealed classified material, I don't believe King would be involved anyway. I would think it would be the DOJ or a Tribunal. And like I tried to say before, King has taken a lot of heat for saying the leaks have to be coming from the top and continuing to push the FBI to find the leaks in the White House. The Obamanites say he is heading a witch hunt. If King was asked about what should be done if the Seal is proven guilty of revealing classifed material, my point is, what else could he say and not have the White House come down on him like a ton of bricks. Just the way I look at, I've been wrong before. I wish the Seal the best of luck.

Top Bottom