• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems to me this approach, just has been echoed many times here on INGO this weekend, is the offense the pro-2A community ought to take to the American people.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    "if we simply prepared teachers to handle this type of crisis the way we teach them to handle fires and medical emergencies, the death toll would drop dramatically."

Amen!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Quoted for emphasis:

"After the Ma’alot massacre in 1974, Israel instituted a policy in which volunteer school personnel, parents, and grandparents received special training from the civil guard, and were seeded throughout the schools armed with discreetly concealed 9mm semiautomatic pistols. Since that time, there has been no successful mass murder at an Israeli school, and every attempt at such has been quickly shortstopped by the good guys’ gunfire, with minimal casualties among the innocent. Similar programs are in place in Peru and the Phillippines, with similarly successful results."

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    What would it take to get this in Indiana Schools and get ahead of the problem before it starts. Wonder if the NRA or other gun orginations have input on this line of education?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Texas is looking at doing something similar. My friends are happy they are going the right way, instead of whining and crying about something being done. Had a friend email me this already too.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    From a friend of mine.

+++++

Vaccinations as a model for eliminating gun free zones
    Brian G. Jeffs, MS, CPG
    Director of Research, Michigan Open Carry, Inc.

The idea of allowing more guns in schools as a solution to preventing the mass slaughter of children seems counter-intuitive. But then so did the vaccination theory. The idea of injecting the very thing that causes disease into a healthy person seemed preposterous.

This crazy idea of taking a dead or weakened virus and injecting it into a healthy person so that antibodies would be produced seemed impossible. The idea though, was that the weakened or dead virus would promote the production of a specific antibody for that virus. Then if a healthy person was exposed to that particular virus the antibodies would overtake and destroy them thereby protecting the host from harm.

And it works, it works very well. Vaccinations have saved millions of lives since its inception and it continues to do so today. Smallpox, polio and measles have killed more children than any mass murderer.

So let’s apply that theory to gun free zones. Let’s imagine a school is a host body, a person so to speak, and the virus is a deranged killer that somehow gets into the host body and starts killing it. If the host is unprotected, i.e., no antibodies, then the host could die.

Now, let’s inject some harmless viruses, let’s say lawfully carried guns into the host body, guns like viruses can harm a host. But what if these harmless viruses (lawful guns) were carried by lawful citizens, like teachers, parents and staff? Well then, these people become like antibodies, ready to attack any harmful viruses that may prey upon the host body. These antibodies (lawfully armed citizens) are now in a position to protect the host body by neutralizing the harmful viruses.

Like vaccinations, allowing lawful people to carry guns in schools could save countless children from slaughter. The idea of allowing lawful guns carries into schools and other gun free zones may seem counter-intuitive but so did the idea of vaccination. Vaccinations have saved countless millions and so too would eliminating gun free zones.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Agreed 100%

We need sheepdogs not just fences with signs, hoping the big bad wolves will stay out because the sign says so.

kenjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Texas is looking at doing something similar. My friends are happy they are going the right way, instead of whining and crying about something being done. Had a friend email me this already too.

My understanding is that there are already several school systems in Texas that authorize a number of faculty/staff to carry in each of their schools. I came away with the impression that who and how many in each is not well-known. Imagine what a shooter would do if all of a sudden 4, or 6, or 8 armed adults converged on him.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Posted a link to the article on my fb page as well. This response is the only one that actually makes sense... It's such a pity that sheeple are so terrified of the word "gun" that they cannot and will not think logically about how to most effectively protect school children from criminals out to do them harm.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I think most on this board would agree with the article. The real question for us is what would it take to legally do that in Indiana? The way I understand it, all but LEOs are prohibited from carrying on school grounds with no exceptions or permissions available from either administration or school board. Does that mean that I.C. Would have be changed to allow exceptions?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My understanding is that there are already several school systems in Texas that authorize a number of faculty/staff to carry in each of their schools. I came away with the impression that who and how many in each is not well-known. Imagine what a shooter would do if all of a sudden 4, or 6, or 8 armed adults converged on him.

Agree, think of the response time if every 6th teacher was armed, or even every other one. Might get one, but another couple be popping out and firing down range really fast to support one another.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    What would it take to get this in Indiana Schools and get ahead of the problem before it starts. Wonder if the NRA or other gun orginations have input on this line of education?

Permission from those in charge of the school.... Special permission can be granted to ARM administrators in Indiana

Top Bottom