• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I've been having problems my Marlin Model 60 failing to eject a spent casing. This has been happening fairly often (usually at least once every 20-30 shots). I inherited this rifle from my father, so there's no telling how many rounds have been ran through it, or how often he cleaned it. When I first encountered this problem I thought it might be because it was dirty (it was really dirty), but after taking the rifle completely apart and thoroughly cleaning it, it's still having problems.

I've shot 2 different brands of bulk ammo through it, both with the same result. So my question is, could it just be cheap, bulk ammo, or is there something wrong internally with the rifle? Does this happen to anyone else?

These photos were taken after putting ~20 rounds through it, right after cleaning it.

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Thanks

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Odd my model 60 would eject em while it was so dirty the bolt would have trouble moving. Might need a new extractor spring.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    bulk ammo is your problem. older ammo that worked great in these guns had a differant pressure curve. most model 60s will have SOME issues w/ bulk ammo, some more than others yours being the latter.

keep it clean and stick to high velocity 40 grain stuff to increase back pressue. mini mags are all that i have found that will run through MOST model 60's on any sort of consitant basis.

i have been tempted to try to make a longer lighter recoil spring to allow the action to cycle easier, or lightening up the bolt w/ the existing recoil spring.

Top Bottom