• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I suggest you suggest that items in the classifieds be edited with a ****SOLD****** type addition and locked where it is in line and not bumped to the top with a new "sold" post in the add.

Making a new post in the thread bumps the stuff still for sale down the board to quickly.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    One would think this would be obvious. I suppose some folks assume that everyone is watching their listing waiting to see if and when it sells..... Not me.

I post on another board where buyers are not allowed to post a reply but are required to send a PM. Not sure that is necessary but it works and keeps the posting traffic low.

Buckaroo

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah, good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Really! We can't even get folks to properly format their ads or follow any of the other six (6) little rules that currently govern the operation of the Classifieds... you think they're going to voluntarily do something beyond what is required in writing, no matter how much sense it makes?

On another board I (used to) frequent, the protocol was to close the thread once the item had been sold, and change the title from "WTS" to "SPF" or "SOLD". That way, someone scrolling through the ad titles looking for an item wouldn't waste their time clicking on ads where the item had already been sold. It was a great system, but took a lot of brow-beating to get the members to follow the rules (and even then we didn't have anything near 100% compliance).

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I post on another board where buyers are not allowed to post a reply but are required to send a PM. Not sure that is necessary but it works and keeps the posting traffic low.

I like this, if the reply was turned off then all questions including offers would be via PM or Email.

Then the seller would have to just lock the thread when it sells.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Really! We can't even get folks to properly format their ads or follow any of the other six (6) little rules that currently govern the operation of the Classifieds... you think they're going to voluntarily do something beyond what is required in writing, no matter how much sense it makes?

On another board I (used to) frequent, the protocol was to close the thread once the item had been sold, and change the title from "WTS" to "SPF" or "SOLD". That way, someone scrolling through the ad titles looking for an item wouldn't waste their time clicking on ads where the item had already been sold. It was a great system, but took a lot of brow-beating to get the members to follow the rules (and even then we didn't have anything near 100% compliance).

I try to change the titles sometimes, but it seems to never change. How do you actually do it?

Top Bottom