• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Too bad this didn't come out before the primary.
    Someone told me once that sex, drugs, or money covers about 90% of the problems and/or crimes

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Does the party then just appoint someone to run in his spot? I assume so since that is what the Dems are doing for Bayh's spot. Hopefully they don't appoint the Indy car dealer that ran against Souder. We already rejected him. Marlin Stutsman lives in the district....

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    He should have resigned long ago. As someone who voted for him when I lived in that district, he's an embarrassment and embodies everything that's wrong with our elected leaders. I hope his replacement is less corruptable.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Does the party then just appoint someone to run in his spot? I assume so since that is what the Dems are doing for Bayh's spot. Hopefully they don't appoint the Indy car dealer that ran against Souder. We already rejected him. Marlin Stutsman lives in the district....

Yes, there would have to be a caucus selection.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Why do they always have to say, "I sinned against God." No buddy, you cheated on your wife, and remember the old saying, Hell hath no fury like woman scorned. That's completely true and accurate. Right now, you should be worried about your wife and your family, not God.

Let's just hope this staffer is hot. Ever since the Clinton fiasco, I have been disappointed with politicians that have affairs with nasty looking women. Remember Lewinsky, eeewww.

In all seriousness, I feel bad for his children. As a child of divorce myself, and assuming that his wife has enough brains to divorce him, it will make his relationship with his kids difficult for the rest of his life. Cheating is not something that is often forgiven, and with a divorce that revolves around a cheating spouse, the kids are always put in the middle. Hopefully, he can regain the trust and respect of his children.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I think he's seriously trying to blame it on Washington:

"In the poisonous environment of Washington, D.C., any personal failing is seized upon, often twisted, for political gain,” Souder said. “I am resigning rather than put my family through that painful, drawn-out process."

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

To Expat (et al),

Whenever there is a slot that needs to be filled and the primary or convention is passed the Chairman of the party and the Secretary can appoint a candidate. This is done depending on the office sought. For any office that doesn't reach outside of a county the County Chair and Secretary can do the appointing. For an office like Congressman Souders it will take the State Chair and Secretary. That is it.

This has to be done by June 30th I believe (don't quote me on that.) This gives all of the county election boards time to set their machines with the right names. After whatever the date is in June the machines cannot be changed.

I wish all the best for Mr. Souder and his family. There was a time that I was very happy with him and supported him. It is truly unfortunate that he has broken his vows to his wife and God.

Regards,

Doug

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think he's seriously trying to blame it on Washington:

"In the poisonous environment of Washington, D.C., any personal failing is seized upon, often twisted, for political gain,” Souder said. “I am resigning rather than put my family through that painful, drawn-out process."

Then don't cheat on your wife, don't betray your children, and they won't be frigging put through that :xmad:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

To Expat (et al),

Whenever there is a slot that needs to be filled and the primary or convention is passed the Chairman of the party and the Secretary can appoint a candidate. This is done depending on the office sought. For any office that doesn't reach outside of a county the County Chair and Secretary can do the appointing. For an office like Congressman Souders it will take the State Chair and Secretary. That is it.

Wrong.

IC 3-13-1-4
    United States Representatives
    Sec. 4. A candidate vacancy for United States Representative shall be filled by a caucus comprised by the precinct committeemen of the political party whose precincts are within the congressional district.
    As added by P.L.5-1986, SEC.9.

Top Bottom