Marine with PTSD suing over Harley Davidson purchase.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    This seems like a simple case. Choosing to buy a Harley-Davidson is prima facie evidence that he is not mentally fit to enter into a contract.

:):........An' you ride a whut?........:):.......well it don' matter,hahaha.......when.....whutever you ride'n been 'round fer over 110 yrs.......then ya can brag some.....:):

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    :):........An' you ride a whut?........:):.......well it don' matter,hahaha.......when.....whutever you ride'n been 'round fer over 110 yrs.......then ya can brag some.....:):

An efficient Japanese standard bike with modern engineering, but I'm less concerned with "tradition" and "image" than "enjoying riding a good bike." I'm even ATGATT, which includes a real, DOT-approved full face helmet! :):

But that was really 95% joke. HD makes some good bikes. Unfortunately for some reason the fanboys just gotta have the biggest, least capable machines to stick chrome all over and ride at five under the speed limit in tightly-staggered groups on sunny summer Saturdays chasing their tough guy fantasies. Show me a HD owner who commutes on the thing rain or shine and doesn't park it in the corners and I've nothing but respect.

Oh, and don't get me started on HD merchandising. It's beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I ride this one 5 days a week, 70 miles each way up until the snow flies. Rain, sun, and even if it is below freezing. I start riding again once the ice has melted.

This one I ride on the weekend when I feel like going out and cutting it up a bit. I do not ride in groups as people tend to do too many stupid things when they are in groups, or so that has been my experience.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    We need more riders like you. Respect for dedication regardless of brand name. :yesway:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Harley having to push sales of it's motorcycles. Times have changed. I remember when I had to wait 90 days for mine or take the last FXD in the store that I didn't really care for.

We had to wait for 10 weeks for the wife 2014 Street Glide Special to come in. They are selling them faster than they can get them and have a waiting list.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    An efficient Japanese standard bike with modern engineering, but I'm less concerned with "tradition" and "image" than "enjoying riding a good bike." I'm even ATGATT, which includes a real, DOT-approved full face helmet! :):

But that was really 95% joke. HD makes some good bikes. Unfortunately for some reason the fanboys just gotta have the biggest, least capable machines to stick chrome all over and ride at five under the speed limit in tightly-staggered groups on sunny summer Saturdays chasing their tough guy fantasies. Show me a HD owner who commutes on the thing rain or shine and doesn't park it in the corners and I've nothing but respect.

Oh, and don't get me started on HD merchandising. It's beyond ridiculous. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:......Ohhhh.......ya mean 1 them bikes they been try'n ta make like a Harley fer all'ese yrs........:):........Gotch'a......:yesway:(Vulcan,Roadstar,etc,etc......)

I'll go 'long with the other.........makes $$ for'em,don' it?........they ain' stoopid,LOL!.....:):

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I ride this one 5 days a week, 70 miles each way up until the snow flies. Rain, sun, and even if it is below freezing. I start riding again once the ice has melted.

This one I ride on the weekend when I feel like going out and cutting it up a bit. I do not ride in groups as people tend to do too many stupid things when they are in groups, or so that has been my experience.

Never was a Sporty fan but,......at's da*m good look'n Ironhead ya got 'ere,dude........:rockwoot:........'70,'72?.......:dunno:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

You could have at least removed the catch pan from under the Sporty so the Harley haters didn't start in with their leaking oil broke down on the side of the road mumbo jumbo. :p

my Wife's 2002 RK dripped a little from the drain plug on the cheap aftermarket chrome primary cover. I fixed it by trading it in on a new 2014 FLHXS in Morocco Gold. Stored at the dealer till spring though. Making payments and no ridy sux.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have a 2010 Road King, it's a great bike, I wouldn't mind having jap bikes again, my Yamaha and Honda were good. One thing about the Harleys is that on road trips you can find one pretty easy if you have trouble.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    :rolleyes:......Ohhhh.......ya mean 1 them bikes they been try'n ta make like a Harley fer all'ese yrs........:):........Gotch'a......:yesway:(Vulcan,Roadstar,etc,etc......)

I'll go 'long with the other.........makes $$ for'em,don' it?........they ain' stoopid,LOL!.....:):

No, not at all. You've listed cruisers intended to poach image-oriented Harley buyers, not standards. By "make like a Harley" do you mean "overpriced, underpowered, and steers like a pig," because that isn't the goal of manufacturers who sell bikes outside of the nostalgia/Amurrica!/biker-image market that HD has mostly committed to pursuing.

Slightly off-topic: Has anyone ever told you that your attempt to write in dialect is incredibly annoying to read? English really isn't that difficult, and you're not Mark Twain.

Top Bottom