• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I would assume they are now going to destroy them to prevent them getting back on the streets, especially since the previous owners were not able to prove safe keeping.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    On Tuesday, the Cook County Sheriff's Department withdrew from the burglary investigation. A spokesman for the county agency indicated an independent investigation could not be conducted due to interference from Harvey police.
    I found this to be VERY interesting. I'm guessing the police kept interfering with the investigation whenever the Sheriff's Department found information that made the PD's security look poor.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Their reluctance to say which firearms were recovered makes this sound very much like spin...sorta like the police saying they are very close to an arrest when they have no idea who the suspect is. I wouldn't be surprised to learn not a single firearm has actually been recovered.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I would assume they are now going to destroy them to prevent them getting back on the streets, especially since the previous owners were not able to prove safe keeping.

^^^^funny sh**
    Also, since the owners of the "dangerous weapons" can't seem to be trusted. I think the citizens of Harvey should do a gun buy back program. Maybe give the police $100 for every gun they turn in to be destroyed. After all, the goal is to "keep them off the streets" right?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I got a tip from a "friend in the business" this morning that the FA MP5's have not been recovered.

Off course not those guns have already made it to mexico and are being used by the drug cartels and the media will pick up on teh story as "see full autos from the US are being used by bad people in mexico!"

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    HARVEY | Most of the 21 guns stolen from a Harvey police firing range have been recovered, Mayor Eric Kellogg announced Monday night during a news conference.
    Officers on Monday morning discovered the weapons were missing. Harvey Police Department spokeswoman Sandra Alvarado said it is believed the weapons were taken over the weekend.
    "I'm very proud of the fact that the Harvey Police Department worked in a joint effort with other agencies to recover very dangerous weapons that were on the streets in Harvey," Kellogg said.
    The weapons reportedly included automatic AR-15 rifles and MP5 submachine guns.
    Kellogg said he could not provide the exact number of weapons that were retrieved. He said acting Police Chief Denard Eaves told him the weapons were found in Harvey.
    "We will not rest, nor will we sleep, until all of the weapons are recovered as well as the individuals involved in the burglary act," Kellogg said.
    Following the news conference, Eaves said no one was in custody.
    "We have persons of interest, but at this time we don't want to compromise the investigation," Eaves said.
    Kellogg commended Harvey residents for providing tips to aid the investigation.
    He said past practices are being reviewed as far as how the firing range is protected. He said the range had an alarm but he did not know if it sounded.
    On Tuesday, the Cook County Sheriff's Department withdrew from the burglary investigation. A spokesman for the county agency indicated an independent investigation could not be conducted due to interference from Harvey police.
    Kellogg said he could not speak on what he called "the breakdown in communication," but he said he would address it with Cook County Sheriff Thomas Dart.
    "We would never attempt to undermine any outside agency,"
    Kellogg said.

Bet Mayor Kellogg is getting real tired seeing as he will not sleep until all the weapons are recovered. Been 5 days now. :laugh:

Top Bottom