• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I heard that it costs more to execute someone(after all of the appeals) than it does to put someone up with 3 hots and a cot for the rest of their life.

I could very well be wrong though.

You would be correct. The liberals have created a monster out of it, to make it do just that. Drag the victims through such a gauntlet of steps that it is easier to just put the bad guys away for life.
    That is NOT JUSTICE.
    I have no problems with the death penalty being used in cases of murder.
    You play BIG BOY games you pay BIG BOY prices.:ar15:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You would be correct. The liberals have created a monster out of it, to make it do just that. Drag the victims through such a gauntlet of steps that it is easier to just put the bad guys away for life.
    That is NOT JUSTICE.

No, no it's not.:xmad:

I have no problems with the death penalty being used in cases of murder.
    You play BIG BOY games you pay BIG BOY prices.:ar15:

I have no problems with the death penalty, nor do I with the appeal process(to an extent). I'd rather have 100 guilty men/women go free then one innocent one die for a crime they did not commit; so if someone didn't not receive a proper trial the first time around, they should get another shot "just in case."

I still think that the death penalty is the easy way out...If someone commits 1st degree murder(the only crime punishable by death I believe), brutally rapes someone, etc, LOCK THAT PIECE OF :poop: UP in solitary for the rest of their natural life with no communication to the outside world...Let that sack of you know what think about what he/she did for the remainder of their worthless life.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    This case really bothers me.

I'm looking at it from different angles.

We have had threads before about youngsters being sexually abused and most have said they deserve harsh punishment. Punishment not far removed from what happened here.

What if it was your 3 year old daughter?
    What if it was your 3 year old niece?

Here we have a crime that requires a punishment that some might mete out themselves.

If the punishment matches the crime, does the fact that the father, of the guilty party, administers that punishment, change the whole dynamic?

Maybe dad was real close to the family of the little girl and felt this would ease their suffering.
    I think this was a selfless act. Not one many could do.
    Was justice done here?
    As I said this one really bothers me.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    That's a "bit" extreme.. I think if that were my son.. and I Thank God it's not.. I would have let the authorities deal with him.

This is a sad story all around.. now two families have been destroyed because of this, maybe even more.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    The only issue I have with the death penalty is that someone is commissioned to murder someone else, and when it is authorized, then it's "ok" and not considered a crime itself. Somehow, that just doesn't seem right.
    What other "crimes" are "ok" or commissioned that would otherwise be against the law?

Should we then deem Homicide a Status Offense?

What is the difference between killing someone at the scene during the event to "stop a forceable felony" -and- waiting a few days and having the state do it?

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    well i can say i would not kill my child no matter what, but if he does something like that his back side will get really warm and quick.hell he may even get a knot on the top of his head.then i would personally take him to the police station myself

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    abrahamsacrificesisaacicon_sm.jpg

No one got killed in that one.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have to say I'm surprised by these responses. Based on past conversations, I expected the dad to be hailed as a hero for taking out his own trash.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    It is just a tough situation. I actually did think of the story of Abraham when I posted. Part of me thinks he took the responsibility of doing what needed to be done. He brought the little monster into the world and was willing to take him out. Let's face it a 15 year that will rape a 3 year old is evil and twisted. Shrinks say there is no curing someone of that compulsion. If he didn't do it and the kid ended up raping and killing some other children on down the line, he couldn't live with that. Would I be able to even think about doing this, I doubt it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I have to say I'm surprised by these responses. Based on past conversations, I expected the dad to be hailed as a hero for taking out his own trash.

It sounds like a lot of fathers are chiming in here, and that may be the reason for your surprise. The parent relationship adds a very complicated twist to what would otherwise be a simpler vigilante story.

Regardless of the crime committed, I think any father would have to be a stone-cold heartless bastard to execute his own son, on his knees, begging for mercy. It makes me highly skeptical of his heroism.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It sounds like a lot of fathers are chiming in here, and that may be the reason for your surprise. The parent relationship adds a very complicated twist to what would otherwise be a simpler vigilante story.

Regardless of the crime committed, I think any father would have to be a stone-cold heartless bastard to execute his own son, on his knees, begging for mercy. It makes me highly skeptical of his heroism.

My father beat me black and blue with a belt when I was about a year old, for spilling food out of my high chair, so I can't really relate in terms of the father/son bond overcoming the need to punish "crimes".

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Should we then deem Homicide a Status Offense?

What is the difference between killing someone at the scene during the event to "stop a forcible felony" -and- waiting a few days and having the state do it?

No, your argument does not apply to this case, as there was no action taken to stop a forcible felony. The felony had already been committed
    Besides, to answer your question, one is to protect life from harm, while the other is used to apply punishment.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    The boy should have been brought to trial for his crime, not excuted by his own father. The father should also be brought to trial for his crime and if or when convicted should receive the death penality. No matter what my kids do I could never even think of doing that, let alone hearing them say "no daddy, no" that just haunts me.

I think the father was off his rocker completely. The boy should have been counseled to determine guiltiness first; THEN he should have been prosecuted.

Sometimes children do the wrong things, sometimes it's curiosity, BUT SOMETIMES a weird spirit gets a hold of people and evil is performed. Only then should he have been dealt with.

We may never know the full story behind this. (shudder)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My father beat me black and blue with a belt when I was about a year old, for spilling food out of my high chair, so I can't really relate in terms of the father/son bond overcoming the need to punish "crimes".

Damn. I don't blame you.

It breaks my heart to see my 15-month old cry when I sternly tell him "No!". I can't wrap my brain around the things people can do to their own children.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Anyone that molests kids should not be alive. Now as a father i could never kill my kids for no reason. There must be something else that plays into this, or the guy is just crazy.

Top Bottom