• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Home explodes; man killed in ensuing fire :: Lake County :: Post-Tribune

Look at the link for pics. He used 11 5-gallon gasoline tanks and a number of propane tanks to blow up his house with him in it. His neighboor's house also took some damage.

Note how the article points the following:
    Police also removed a handgun and a spent shell casing, and relatives of the homeowner told police they had received a suicide note by e-mail earlier this week, Huish said.

What a sad way to end your life.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I would think any way to end your own life is sad. To be burned to me would be the worst. Very very painfull. He had sent an e-mail telling of his suicide and noone helped him or doesnt sound like anyone took him seriously. What a shame.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SAD?!?!?! He went out with a BANG! I bet that explosion was a sight to see, too!

My co-worker's nephew (15) was on one of those school busses that had to get re-routed. His words in seeing the blaze and fireman putting it out was "Cool". So SE you are not too far off the mark.

Why'd this loser have to endanger others around him if he had a firearm?

Oh well, at least he's gone and no one important was hurt.

From the office gossip I am hearing the guy figured if he goes he is taking his home with him so that the bank (ie foreclouser) does not take it. He was unemployed and the rumor is that the bank was going to foreclose on the home.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I would think any way to end your own life is sad. To be burned to me would be the worst. Very very painfull. He had sent an e-mail telling of his suicide and noone helped him or doesnt sound like anyone took him seriously. What a shame.

burning would not be my idea of a painless suicide either. Endangering others lives was bad also, not that he cares where he's at.

My question is, was this his first time saying he was going to kill himself?
    Having a Mother that "attempted" suicide to many times to count, it's not that you don't want to help, just how do you help? The numerous hospital stays and anti depressants didn't help.
    Not that you don't care, but how do you stop someone that is intent on doing it?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    burning would not be my idea of a painless suicide either. Endangering others lives was bad also, not that he cares where he's at.

My question is, was this his first time saying he was going to kill himself?
    Having a Mother that "attempted" suicide to many times to count, it's not that you don't want to help, just how do you help? The numerous hospital stays and anti depressants didn't help.
    Not that you don't care, but how do you stop someone that is intent on doing it?

You can't. Prisoners under suicide watch manage it.

It's tragic that another human being either has something messed up in their heads, or they feel that life's outlook is so bleak that ending it is the only solution. But other than giving what you can to help, ultimately it is their decision and if they are motivated enough then you can't stop it.

I did peer counseling on phone hotlines when I was younger and it was hard to not take it personally.

If I ever decide to do it though (not in the forseeable future), I hope I don't endanger other folks by doing so unless they really deserve it... Suicide by cop, drunk driving, train, fire, or similar methods as cowardly and despicable as it gets.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I remember back when I was a kid (when I use to sleep in until noon every day) I woke up to a loud explosion and found out later that day a guy boarded up his house (2 blocks down) turned on the gas from his oven, lit a match, and went lights out. Just happened his house was right next door to the cheif of police. I guess he was going through a divorce and had money problems.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    This is actually right down the road from where I work, and my coworker is one of his now "former" neighbors. It's a sight to see. Hardly anything of the home left. Guess he liked everything "extra-crispy".

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    This is how the meth heads do it too. Death by explosion. Too bad the meth heads don't die most of the time!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    and relatives of the homeowner told police they had received a suicide note by e-mail earlier this week, Huish said.

ummm hello???? dont people take suicide notes seriously anymore?? geesh, if someone gives you a suicide note days before they do the dead, thats like a last cry for help. obviously they were too retarded to see it.

im not in any way blaming them for him killing himself, because hes the one who did the deed. but it could have possibly been prevented it looks like.
    if a police department recieved a bomb threat and did nothing to act on it, then we would be suing their azzes off. just sayin

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    ummm hello???? dont people take suicide notes seriously anymore?? geesh, if someone gives you a suicide note days before they do the dead, thats like a last cry for help. obviously they were too retarded to see it.

im not in any way blaming them for him killing himself, because hes the one who did the deed. but it could have possibly been prevented it looks like.
    if a police department recieved a bomb threat and did nothing to act on it, then we would be suing their azzes off. just sayin

You obviously didn't read my post. if a person is intent on trying to commit or committing suicide, there is NOTHING that can be done. If their mind is made up, the only thing you may succeed in, is delaying it.
    I've called 911 more times than I care to remember, sat in a hospital room praying, more times than I care to remember. Visited psych wards, more times than I care to remember. Counted out daily pills and hid the rest, more times than I care to remember.
    My mother finally got straight, with the help of a correct diagnosis and correct medication. If they hadn't figured it out, she may not be here today. Not for my lack of trying to save her though.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Some pleas for help if heard and dealt with can be saved. Some cannot. You just never know but I do agree that a cry of pain or suicide should never be ignored. You just never know. I have worked in a Psych unit I have seen it all. they should never be ignored. MrsGungho I know how you feel and I also know how hard it was for you. Thank goodness your mother was saved. Again some are and some are not. Listen to anyones plea for help. You just may save a life.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Some pleas for help if heard and dealt with can be saved. Some cannot. You just never know but I do agree that a cry of pain or suicide should never be ignored. You just never know. I have worked in a Psych unit I have seen it all. they should never be ignored. MrsGungho I know how you feel and I also know how hard it was for you. Thank goodness your mother was saved. Again some are and some are not. Listen to anyones plea for help. You just may save a life.

the article I read wasn't clear if they ignored his pleas. You are right, none should be ignored. It is wise to point out though that even doing everything you can doesn't always save everyone.
    10 long years knife lady. 10 very long years. She isn't the same, but she's still here.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    the article I read wasn't clear if they ignored his pleas. You are right, none should be ignored. It is wise to point out though that even doing everything you can doesn't always save everyone.
    10 long years knife lady. 10 very long years. She isn't the same, but she's still here.

Again there are no words to express what you went through. You were not only supportive but extremely brave to endure the pain you saw from a family member. I know the pain you yourself went through. My mom has had those episodes as well. You are an awesome daughter and a more so compassionate human being. Be very proud of yourself. You had a great deal in saving your mother.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Most of the time (in my opinion) it's not until after the fact until all the signs come out. Back in 2007 my dad was having serious financial problems, lost his wife, his house, his business and decided to end his life with a self inflicted gun shot wound. He left letters to the family but wrote them a few minutes before hand. I took him out to dinner the night before and he seemed as normal as could be. A few days later all the signs came to me (giving stuff away, selling a bunch of his prized possessions, talking about if something were to ever happen to me) and I hated myself for months thinking I could have stopped it but in reality if his mindset was to end his life he would have done it one way or another.

Top Bottom