• ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kill Bill after a raccoon :mallninja:

Man Fights Off Raccoon, Not Mountain Lion - Family News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Man Fights Off Raccoon, Not Mountain Lion

Teen Uses Sword To Defend Dog During Attack

POSTED: 2:02 am EST February 11, 2010
    UPDATED: 3:35 pm EST February 11, 2010

FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- It must have been a big raccoon that attacked a Fairfield, Calif., man's dog. So big he thought it was a mountain lion.Marquel Dawson, 19, said he was playing with the pit bull and German shepherd mix in a nature area at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday when the animal attacked, Sacramento TV station KCRA reported."It was about the size of German shepherd police dog -- like big -- about twice the size of my dog," Dawson said.
    He said he ran home, got a sword and fought the animal off.A veterinarian said the dog suffered minor injuries considering the circumstances.Although City Animal Control officers told KCRA they believe it was a mountain lion that attacked the dog, the Department of Fish and Game determined otherwise. Pat Foy, a department spokesman, said a trapper determined the especially large tracks belonged to a raccoon.The trapper also looked at the wounds and found they were consistent with a raccoon attack, Foy said.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    That is one big coon!!! Growing up in Oregon, we had a family of coons that would eat worms off the lawn after dark. If you went outside when they were out there, the male would stand on his back legs and stare you down. He was as tall as I was. At least that's how I remember this thing. Mom wouldn't let me hurt them. She thought the babies were cute. Definetly wouldn't want to fight one with a sword if I didn't have too.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Definetly wouldn't want to fight one with a sword if I didn't have too.
    Yeah, no kidding! Coons are crazy!
    I remember going up to Cable, Wisconsin with my mom, dad, and grandma every late Summer when I was younger and renting a cabin out in the woods, on a small lake, for a week or 2, to relax in the woods, fish, etc. They'd always come around, in packs of 3-5, at night and be doing wacky things.. Like getting on top of cabins and constantly slam the old wooden screen door by getting at it with their claws and letting it go..

I figured they were probably there for scraps of food, cause I'm sure other various visitors staying in the other couple cabins down the drive have fed them before throughout the years.. :dunno:

But yeah, I'd stay clear of coons.. especially during the day.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They are certainly the most persistant varmints I've had to deal with. They get into everything.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    manbearpig.jpg

Is this what he looked like?!?!

DAMN YOU, MANBEARPIG!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics