Man commits suicide and kills 51....cows.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Maybe another story for those anti-gun nuts.

N.Y. Dairy Farmer Kills 51 Cows, Commits Suicide

Friday, January 22, 2010
    service_ap_36.gif

COPAKE, N.Y. — State police in New York say an upstate dairy farmer shot and killed 51 of his milk cows in his barn before turning the rifle on himself.
    State Police found the body of 59-year-old Dean Pierson in his Copake barn on Thursday. A visitor found a note Pierson had left on the barn door that said not to come in and to call police.

State police would only say that Pierson was having personal issues.
    The Columbia County hamlet of Copake is about 115 miles north of New York City.

Local farmers buried the cows outside the barn Friday. They would not discuss Pierson or what had happened, but one of the men said these are hard times to be a farmer.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Maybe another story for those anti-gun nuts.

N.Y. Dairy Farmer Kills 51 Cows, Commits Suicide

Friday, January 22, 2010
    service_ap_36.gif

COPAKE, N.Y. — State police in New York say an upstate dairy farmer shot and killed 51 of his milk cows in his barn before turning the rifle on himself.
    State Police found the body of 59-year-old Dean Pierson in his Copake barn on Thursday. A visitor found a note Pierson had left on the barn door that said not to come in and to call police.

State police would only say that Pierson was having personal issues.
    The Columbia County hamlet of Copake is about 115 miles north of New York City.

Local farmers buried the cows outside the barn Friday. They would not discuss Pierson or what had happened, but one of the men said these are hard times to be a farmer.

He may have been sick of the big corporations that are running the FDA nowadays that have laws put in place to eliminate small business like the farmer; and promote tax freedoms for the large companies. That is a current theme right now. Money making laws... just like in Washington. :dunno:

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    the family land in kentucky has a bunch of dairy farmers around. they never seem happy about it but wont stop milking though. and being a dairy farmer you work 365 24/7. unless you pay some one to watch them(which you usally cant afford) you cant leave one day. would drive me nuts but i wouldnt do it any way.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    the family land in kentucky has a bunch of dairy farmers around. they never seem happy about it but wont stop milking though. and being a dairy farmer you work 365 24/7. unless you pay some one to watch them(which you usally cant afford) you cant leave one day. would drive me nuts but i wouldnt do it any way.
    Thats why you have lots of kids. My aunt and uncle have 7 kids to tend to the milking. They can go on vacations, just not all of them at once. I do agree, that would be a rough life though. The only son joined the Marines at 17, I think he just couldn't take in the same house with 6 sisters and working on the farm anymore, he had to get away.

Top Bottom