• bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Swordsman Fatally Shot by Cops | NBC Chicago

Live by the sword, die by the cops.
    A Glenview, Illinois man a was fatally shot by police Sunday evening after he charged at them with a sword, according to the Chicago Tribune.
    Arturas Kolgavas was apparently involved in domestic dispute at the 12 Oaks apartment building in unincorporated Glenview, when cops arrived.
    The man barricaded himself into the second floor apartment at around 4 p.m. and threatened to hurt himself and police. The building was evacuated and a terrorist team was called in to negotiate.
    After about an hour, Kogavas exited the apartment brandishing a large sword and approached police in a threatening manner.
    One police officer then shot him in the chest.
    He was taken to Lutheran General Hospital where he died.
    The Illinois State Police Public Integrity Unit plans to investigate.

--Wow. Never take a knife to a gunfight

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd be curious to know at what distance the officer took the shot. I know I wouldn't let a guy with a sword ANYWHERE near me!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

019.jpg

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    why is so much time and effort spent from keeping a dumbass (psycho, moron, what ever name you prefer), form threating to hurt themselves. if they were serious they would have already done it. these ppl only want attention. then they end up getting shot any way. waist of time and resources. just tell them to not make a big mess when they "hurt themselves", then just walk away and be done with it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    why is so much time and effort spent from keeping a dumbass (psycho, moron, what ever name you prefer), form threating to hurt themselves. if they were serious they would have already done it. these ppl only want attention. then they end up getting shot any way. waist of time and resources. just tell them to not make a big mess when they "hurt themselves", then just walk away and be done with it.
    Because we still do have a segment of society that cares as to why someone wants to hurt themselves, even if they are making a poor attempt at it.

If the person is attempting "suicide by cop", that, to me, means that they want to commit suicide but they can't push themselves to actually make the slash with a knife or pull a trigger.

I am aware of the costs involved due to police responding, EMS responding, hospital costs, psychologist/psychiatrist's cost, etc. Society can't save them all but I do not like to see persons commit suicide for reasons that could be changed by simply talking to someone or pharma therapy.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Swordsman Fatally Shot by Cops | NBC Chicago

Live by the sword, die by the cops.
    A Glenview, Illinois man a was fatally shot by police Sunday evening after he charged at them with a sword, according to the Chicago Tribune.
    Arturas Kolgavas was apparently involved in domestic dispute at the 12 Oaks apartment building in unincorporated Glenview, when cops arrived.
    The man barricaded himself into the second floor apartment at around 4 p.m. and threatened to hurt himself and police. The building was evacuated and a terrorist team was called in to negotiate.
    After about an hour, Kogavas exited the apartment brandishing a large sword and approached police in a threatening manner.
    One police officer then shot him in the chest.
    He was taken to Lutheran General Hospital where he died.
    The Illinois State Police Public Integrity Unit plans to investigate.

--Wow. Never take a knife to a gunfight

Is it wrong of me to find this story amusing as hell? I just picture this dude running into a hail of bullets, with sword up like a samurai.
    It's comically badass if you ask me. Like punching a bear in the nose and putting up your dukes. :laugh:

Top Bottom