• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    man arrested in manchester, MA for prepping for prepping for martial law. anybody hear bout this yet?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkfLJGCg_fQ&feature=related[/ame]

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    He was arrested for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles and having body armor plates. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons. An illegal indoor shooting range was also found in the attic. They seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked his license to carry firearms. And he wife stated he a threat to her and the community.

That the reason for he's arrest not the fact he was stocking up or a prepper .......but for having illegal items in he's possession and the statements from his wife who is a physiatrist who can give a personal and a professional opinion on his mental state .

the real sad fact this the media spin on this will cause more of a mistrust of government then ever before from preppers in general milita types and give more of a us against them feeling ..............
    the way this story is told ............. is not good ...for all .........

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Sounds more like he was arrested for the numerous other laws he broke. That and his wife questioned his mental stability. I would have to too if he was crazy enough to try to make a indoor firing range in the attic of the apartment building.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    In addition to what has already been said, just want to make sure everyone also knows that this all happened around Feb. 2010

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    the real sad fact this the media spin on this will cause more of a mistrust of government then ever before from preppers in general milita types and give more of a us against them feeling ..............

yea i realized the actual reasons behing his arrest but the above is what anyone who watches the video is going to think. guy buys and stocks lots of ammo and firearms, and then is arrested for it. the media has the ability to twist and turn just about anything they want to and morons will just fall in line and believe it

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Just one more reason not to watch the news for anything more than the local weather and most of the time they are not even close to correct reporting it.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    He was arrested for allegedly storing several tear gas grenades and explosive pepper ball projectiles and having body armor plates. He was also charged with the illegal possession of four police batons. An illegal indoor shooting range was also found in the attic. They seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked his license to carry firearms. And he wife stated he a threat to her and the community.

That the reason for he's arrest not the fact he was stocking up or a prepper .......but for having illegal items in he's possession and the statements from his wife who is a physiatrist who can give a personal and a professional opinion on his mental state .

None of these things are illegal. perhaps they were possessed illegally, but they aren't illegal.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    None of these things are illegal. perhaps they were possessed illegally, but they aren't illegal.

in the video it also mentioned (towards the end like it was trying to be an obscure and left out comment) that he had converted his upstairs into a firing range and tested out his "assault rifle" on some illegal armor plating.. its just amazing how the news can distort reality which was the entire reason of this out of date video posting

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

in some states like his......... those items are illegal .....so you are wrong my friend depending on state and local laws item that are legal in someplaces can be illegal in others.....that why i have stated in some thread before know the laws in the area you live you not knowing them is no defence......not saying its right.......but there you have it...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    in some states like his......... those items are illegal .....so you are wrong my friend depending on state and local laws item that are legal in someplaces can be illegal in others.....that why i have stated in some thread before know the laws in the area you live you not knowing them is no defence......not saying its right.......but there you have it...
    Again, they may have been possessed illegally. However they are NOT illegal.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Again, they may have been possessed illegally. However they are NOT illegal.[/QUOTE

it if it Illegal to own in that state it illegal i stand by my prior statements your being argumentative on a point that has no real bearing on the out come............... some items may be legal in states to own but not to have on your body which then can make it a illegal possession .....

i understand your point but it has no real bearing...........:popcorn:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Again, they may have been possessed illegally. However they are NOT illegal.[/QUOTE

it if it Illegal to own in that state it illegal i stand by my prior statements your being argumentative on a point that has no real bearing on the out come............... some items may be legal in states to own but not to have on your body which then can make it a illegal possession .....

i understand your point but it has no real bearing...........:popcorn:
    My point is that it CAN be legally possessed there. If LE can have it so can we, just a matter of the hoops and the correct height to jump.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield

From the above article, hopefully this will help the bickering:

Please do not quote copyrighted material on INGO.
    I'm still curious about "discharging a weapon within 500 feet of a dwelling" when they state it is legal for someone to discharge a weapon inside of their own home. It may not be the smartest thing to do, but they don't explain it any further.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Reminds me of the time I was arrested for having a sleeping bag, tent, hatchet and slingshot in my trunk in MN. Picking a friend up at the bowling alley on our way to go camping and didn't use a turn signal. I was only 19 and didn't know my rights yet. After tearing my car apart they charged me with illegal possession of a firearm (slingshot), illegal possession of a weapon (hatchet) and possession of drug paraphernalia (small pieces of copper pipe from a job I was working on). $900 later my lawyer asked in court as the charges were read, to see the evidence and upon seeing each item in the context of going camping, the judge not only laughed aloud but gave the arresting officer quite a tongue lashing!

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Reminds me of the time I was arrested for having a sleeping bag, tent, hatchet and slingshot in my trunk in MN. Picking a friend up at the bowling alley on our way to go camping and didn't use a turn signal. I was only 19 and didn't know my rights yet. After tearing my car apart they charged me with illegal possession of a firearm (slingshot), illegal possession of a weapon (hatchet) and possession of drug paraphernalia (small pieces of copper pipe from a job I was working on). $900 later my lawyer asked in court as the charges were read, to see the evidence and upon seeing each item in the context of going camping, the judge not only laughed aloud but gave the arresting officer quite a tongue lashing!

The term “firearm” is defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)(3), to include (A) any weapon (including a starter gun), which will, or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon….

:n00b:

It seem someone doesn't know nothin' 'bout nothin'... :):

Top Bottom