• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I saw this today. I don't like how lacking the story is on details but there are a few to start with:

Man Arrested After Weapons, Map of U.S. Military Facility Seized From N.J. Motel Room - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Authorities in central New Jersey seized a cache of weapons and ammunition including rifles, a grenade launcher and a night vision scope from the motel room of a Virginia man arrested early Monday by officers responding to a report of a suspicious person, MyFoxDC.com reported.
    Hmm... more internet buying like the lady and gentleman from Indianapolis with their grenades?

Then...

Forrest said Woodson was wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle concealed under his green, military-style jacket when officers encountered him at a Quick Chek store in Branchburg shortly before 4 a.m. Monday.
    Hmm... IN the convenience store WITH the rifle under his jacket.

Forrest said the .223-caliber assault rifle that Woodson was carrying had a defaced serial number and had been altered to fire .50-caliber ammunition.

Now I'm not the best with the specs of different firearms, but is this even possible? Is there a .50 cal barrel made to fit a Bushmaster rifle? I thought maybe the author had his/her facts wrong but it was followed later by this:

and hundreds of rounds of .50-caliber and .308-caliber ammunition.

Hopefully more info will come out shortly.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    holy chit! he had a .50 under his coat! that dude was ready to rock and roll! talk about stopping power in a PP weapon! and can we save over penitration:dunno:
    for some reason I dont think he was carrying that for protection:noway: I hope he gets the book thrown at him and I hope it hits him in the nuts.
    I think you can get a .50cal upper for an AR:dunno:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    My guess is a .50cal Beowolf upper.
    thumbnail.aspx

Not a 50 cal BMG.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    holy chit! he had a .50 under his coat! that dude was ready to rock and roll! talk about stopping power in a PP weapon! and can we save over penitration:dunno:
    for some reason I dont think he was carrying that for protection:noway: I hope he gets the book thrown at him and I hope it hits him in the nuts.
    I think you can get a .50cal upper for an AR:dunno:

What crime is he accused of that warrants throwing the book at him?

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    i would say at a minimum he is guilty of altering serial numbers on at least 2 firearms :dunno: and evading arrest? and if i had to guess carrying a concealed weapon without a license

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yes, you can get 50 bmg uppers for an AR lower. Obviously they don't feed ammo through the magwell though.

But as posted before, because just just state .50 cal, I would bet it was a 50 beowulf

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What crime is he accused of that warrants throwing the book at him?
    He is a convicted felon (according to the original report I saw last night) who had possession of handguns and had filed the serial numbers off at least some or all the weapons in his possession. This report says nothing about his past criminal history or the handguns. I guess it depends on what all he had and did.

Last edited:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    At first you want to say "Hey, give a gun owner a break here." But it looks like this guy was crazy and had bad intentions. I don't know of any honest people who file serial numbers off their guns. Or own an illegal rocket launcher(according to ABC).

Also, who knew a rifle could "Completely destroy a house." - ABC on youtube.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Muslim head scarfs?
    "Not a terror threat"?????
    Rocket launcher?
    RPG?
    Is this report confused or did he really have this stuff?
    I've read several different reports and they all pretty much say the same thing.

Apparently if the FBI cannot tie you to a terrorist group...you're not considered to be a terrorist threat.

Of course when my wife gets out of the shower and wraps that towel around her head and discovers I poured baby powder in her blow dryer...I've been known to mistake her for a screaming Middle Eastern terrorist. :): So who knows if they are sensationalizing or not.

Top Bottom