Make me my wife's hero (or at least not a goat)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The first thing I did when we moved into a new condo was to jam up the multi disk CD changer that the previous occupants left. I've never used one and probably loaded and forced it. I can't convince her that nobody needs a cd player anymore (spotify, ipod, etc) and I haven't fixed it. Someone here direct me to a fix or a fixer that won't make it more sensible to just replace it (it's a Denon). Much obliged.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    CD Changers, at least every one I've ever touched, are finicky and tend to only work for a short period of time before they have issues. Honestly, it was probably messed up to begin with and that's likely why it got left behind.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    It won't play or eject and sounds like it's trying to eject and can't when I hit eject. I bet a 9mm rnd to the gutz would do wonders. I remember trying to jam the cd into the mag, then all went dark and I woke up in New Jersey, outside of Secaucus....

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    It won't play or eject and sounds like it's trying to eject and can't when I hit eject. I bet a 9mm rnd to the gutz would do wonders. I remember trying to jam the cd into the mag, then all went dark and I woke up in New Jersey, outside of Secaucus....

In a tub filled with ice?

Actually, a Phillips head screwdriver will likely be the best tool to start with. Take it apart and you may be able to free the stuck part(s).

Had a 5-disc platter that would drop the playing disc, then start to turn without waiting for it to stop spinning. Every other disc would jump the tray because of this. I ended up just leaving the case off until it died.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    In a tub filled with ice?

Actually, a Phillips head screwdriver will likely be the best tool to start with. Take it apart and you may be able to free the stuck part(s).

Had a 5-disc platter that would drop the playing disc, then start to turn without waiting for it to stop spinning. Every other disc would jump the tray because of this. I ended up just leaving the case off until it died.

I had a VCR like that. Left the case off to reach behind it to free the tape. Redneck eject!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Hook up an ipod and tell her it now holds all of your CD's, and the ipods just the wired remote. so just choose the song and the cd player will change to the right disc and play it...:rolleyes:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I had a VCR like that. Left the case off to reach behind it to free the tape. Redneck eject!

For a moment I was wondering why in nine hells you were hollering for me seeing as how I have no experience with this stuff.

Then I realized that I have not had any coffee today and therefore cannot read.

But I did chuckle over my own stupidity.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    For a moment I was wondering why in nine hells you were hollering for me seeing as how I have no experience with this stuff.

Then I realized that I have not had any coffee today and therefore cannot read.

But I did chuckle over my own stupidity.
    :laugh:I was laughing with you, kind of at you to, just a little... But I completely understand if you haven't had coffee!

Top Bottom