• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Because they know no matter how much they make them, you'll buy em.

No for real... supply and demand.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Ever tried making a magazine? It's a little more involved than whipping out a decent cup of coffee. Having worked in manufacturing for years and based on projects I've worked on, I think mags are one of the more fairly priced gun accessories out there. Well, during periods of non-hysteria, at least. $150 for a Glock magazine is pretty much absurd no matter how you look at it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Pretty well non-perishable. They know you're only going to buy so many. It's not like ammo where you're always coming back for more.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Don't pay for them, it'll drive the prices down once they have trouble selling their product. That's how the free market works.

But plenty of other people think they're worth that price, so they're willing to pay it. $30 today was $18 twenty years ago.

Considering the ridiculous demand and constant political threats, those prices will only be going higher.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mags for my .44mag Desert Eagle START at $45.
    A REAL Colt magazine for my Colt 1903 can go for as much as $125!

I wish ALL mags were $30 or under!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This clown(OP) has started over 20 stupid threads in the last 9 hours. :rolleyes:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I noticed last night that he was posting one sentence threads in every forum. Looked at his post count and seen he was trying to race to 50 so he could make it in the classifieds.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They can wear out or get damaged if you are playing run and gun games dropping mags on the ground, stepping on them etc.

It may also be like buying replacement auto parts. If you buy OE, you will pay. You can get lower prices in the aftermarket, but contrary to what some people believe the OE stuff is usually better than the aftermarket.

I do think they are pricey though and hard to obtain. It would seem like supply would be good. It not like ammo. Not everyone with a gun is ordering large quantities of mags. If you are not gaming, you could do fine with a couple mags.

Top Bottom