• ...and so much more!
  • PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello Guys
    I am about to get started on my first AR build and it's going to be for my Daughter. My question is I found a Mag Tactical stripped lower for 169.99, has anybody used one and if so what are your impressions. Its the Gen 4 that claims to be 35% lighter then the standard lower. That would be a plus as my 16 year old is pretty petite. I like the fact that it is made right here in Newburg Indiana. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I was checking them out a couple weeks ago. Seems like they lightened them by cutting out some extra stuff and using a different alloy. Note that they use reinforced pin holes for the trigger (non-standard and may not be an issue for you since they include the pins). Seems like a good deal for a billet, but not proven. I'd say it's better than polymer myself LOL.

I'd be interested in any personal feedback too.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I just built one of these (in FDE) for a customer a week or so ago. It appears that after finishing, they did not go back in and open up the holes again, so everything was very, VERY tight. I had to try several hammers and several pivot pin detents/springs before I finally found ones that were on the smaller end of "spec" and would fit properly. It was a major PITA (especially if you don't have boxes of parts laying around), but hopefully that one was a fluke.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just built one of these (in FDE) for a customer a week or so ago. It appears that after finishing, they did not go back in and open up the holes again, so everything was very, VERY tight. I had to try several hammers and several pivot pin detents/springs before I finally found ones that were on the smaller end of "spec" and would fit properly. It was a major PITA (especially if you don't have boxes of parts laying around), but hopefully that one was a fluke.
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated ! I think for a first build I better find a different lower, so the hunt continues. Thanks again Shooter !

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I've built 6 Ar's so far, and only two of them have the same lower. I have never seen any real difference. At this point, I am looking for roll marks I think are kool rather than any particular brand.:D

JDvader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    I just picked up two of them last week. An OD green and an FDE. The box says they are a magnesium aluminum mixture, and should not be sandblasted because its a fire hazard. So i guess if it gets scratched ill just have to spray paint it. They look pretty nice, although I haven't tried to build them yet.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    FWIW, Indy Trading Post had Delton stripped lowers for $109 as of last week. A fair price and good folks....

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

With information like that I think I will pass on these, thanks for the info and heads up. I was looking to build a 7th AR, but maybe I won't. Decisions decisions.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Just got mine together about a month ago.
    I didn't have any problem with the assembly, but did notice how easy the finish scratches on the MAG lower.
    It wasn't anything that a marker or paint pen wouldn't cover up.
    25u5nko.jpg

It turned out great.:D

2qu6tyr.jpg

It looks good with an upper on it too.;)

szbl3o.jpg

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just got mine together about a month ago.
    I didn't have any problem with the assembly, but did notice how easy the finish scratches on the MAG lower.
    It wasn't anything that a marker or paint pen wouldn't cover up.
    25u5nko.jpg

It turned out great.:D

2qu6tyr.jpg

It looks good with an upper on it too.;)

szbl3o.jpg
    Nice job looks great !

Top Bottom