• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NAM67-68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Does anyone know where I can find an original M14 suppressor? I am going to the 1500 in January, but if someone knows of one for a decent price, I am interested. Thank you.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    If you are talking about teh Veitnam era Scionics, I'm betting you'll have a hard time. They are 40+ years old and saw hard military service. I have a buddy who was an advisor over there and he said they were cool, but had to be rebuilt pretty regularly. If you really want to shoot it and enjoy it, I'd suggest finding a smaller Manufacturer and see if they could build you a can with modern baffles and look like an old Scionics can.

VietnamSnipers.jpg

k65726_M14_Sniper_Weapon.sized.jpg

Doug K

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Sionics suppressors were pretty primitive by modern standards. They were heavy, bulky, and really not very quiet. If I was going to go through the trouble of a tax stamp for a suppressor I'd choose something different.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Be forewarned that supressing a full size GI clone M1A often causes huge POI changes due to the weight of the can on the "pencil" barrels. It is often repeatable, but is a BIG change over the gun non-suppressed. A bipod from the bayo lug area is a big help.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I own an M1A and flirted with the idea of suppressing it. Because I briefly looked into it, and it was a while ago, I might be a little fuzzy with this info.

However, I remember seeing some information stating that the threads used to attach the flash suppressor/ front sight post/ bayonet lug were not sturdy enough for use with a sound suppressor and that Gemtech sold an adapter to convert it to a standard .30 cal threading that was sufficient for mounting a suppressor. I contacted Gemtech and was told that they were constantly "sold out" and that a waiting list was my only option. This was over a year ago.

I am sure that contacting Gemtech or a Google search will provide better information than I have. Please consider this a "heads up" and do some research to verify it. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom