• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I finally decided to get my Socom a big brother:D Went to Elmore's today with no intentions of buying anything. Well long story short, I walked out of there with 2 guns(M1A Loaded & SW 625).:): On a side note, thanks to Elmore's for the great service. I know they get a bad wrap on here, but they were more then helpful today and really worked with me.

Looking for a good solid scope mount for this guy i.e. Fulton, Sadlak, ARMS, etc.
    Anyone with experience on any particular mount that they favor. Thanks in advance!:ingo:

Oh!! Here is a pic:
    picture.php

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    there are tons of them available , all depending on what you would like to spend. i have the 3rd generation Springfield mount.
    SAMount002.jpg

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Well if you want to spend the money you can buy a chassis system from Troy industries

Not a big fan of the Troy system. You can't use your factory iron sights plus they are on the heavy side. I already have a VLTOR system on my Socom and it is great. I am not a big fan of the Springfield mounts either. I will probably go with the Sadlak mount.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Had the ARMS and I like how low it sat, but I moved to the Troy chassis for the grip change (and UBR stock) since I found that once I had a check pad built up to get a good weld for the scope it was hard to use the stock sights anyway. I just went to the Troy battle BUIS.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Right now it is between the Sadlak and ARMS..........Actually I really might go with the Basset mount. A lot of guys on M14forum suggest and it has great reviews.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    With my ARMS mount I don't need to use a cheek piece to get proper eye relief and vision through the scope. To use the irons I just take the scope off via the QD rings and reattach it when I need to. I'm not familiar with the Basset so I can't comment on that one. I do like the ARMs a lot better than mu old SA Gen 3 mount though. :twocents:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I went with the sadlak also. Very solid mount but you well need to also buy a cheek weld pad to maintain your eye relief.

I won't need a cheek weld as I have a VLTOR stock. It is currently on my Socom so I will just probably switch over or perhaps just drop the coin and buy a SAGE chassis.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Over the years I have tried them all.... but I always seem to go back to the ARMS mount. SADLAK is a very good mount too.

Top Bottom