M16A1 Mantenance manual from 1969/Viet Nam (MUST SEE!!!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    If you like that art work with character attitude & tough Fem fatales, Look at some of the old 40s Spirit Comics, Will Eisnor was a master of that art format.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I actually have several of these from USAF CATM days from a base closure they were giving out.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They used to publish monthly maintenance manuals like that for a host of things...always looked forward to them coming out.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Looks just like the one that was issued to me back in the early 80's. I still have it in it's original plastic wrapper.

mN9o3eR0nDsBfXcGNZVo72w.jpg

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    SOMEBODY may have got those. I was in Vietnam, U.S.M.C. I Corp, 69-70, and never saw one. I trained with the M-14 but when we got to Vietnam were issues those plastic POS.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    SOMEBODY may have got those. I was in Vietnam, U.S.M.C. I Corp, 69-70, and never saw one. I trained with the M-14 but when we got to Vietnam were issues those plastic POS.

Same here. They came around, confiscated our M14, handed us a plastic gun and we had ZERO instruction on how to even load the SOB. Sorry weapon IMHO after having the M14.
    We knew nothing of maintenance, round ballistics, or how to keep the damned thing running. Never even issued cleaning kits.
    Pis.sed on it to keep it running or dunk it in water. Not much choice with it.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Same here. They came around, confiscated our M14, handed us a plastic gun and we had ZERO instruction on how to even load the SOB. Sorry weapon IMHO after having the M14.
    We knew nothing of maintenance, round ballistics, or how to keep the damned thing running. Never even issued cleaning kits.
    Pis.sed on it to keep it running or dunk it in water. Not much choice with it.

All I brought back, other than Agent Orange exposure, was some Chiu Hoi pamphlets that we dropped on trails going into Laos, and also 3-4 of the NVA propaganda that they would leave on same trails. Theirs were printed as well, if not better than ours.

Gundoc

p.s. glad you made it back man. So many didn't.

Top Bottom