• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glennster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Went to the range today, a buddy brought his M1 Carbine. I was reminded one again how SWEET they are.
    We were shooting custom Remmies in 308 and 6BR as well as a great 1,000 yard rifle in 6.5/284.
    But, there is something great about the M1 Carbine!!!

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i ended up with 2 carbines at first.they were passed down from my grandfather.i loved them so much that i had to have a couple more.im now the proud owner of 5 m1 carbines.wouldnt trade them for the world.their a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.ive never had 1 issue.i think everyone should own one atleast once in their lifetime.

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i really like the m1 carbines.im not lucky enough to own one of the older ones.i have the universal m1 carbine.i know its no know up to par with an inland,winchester,rockola,ibm etc..but its a hoot to shoot.ammo is a little tough to get ahold of sometimes.usually have to resort to buying reloads but oh well.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    i ended up with 2 carbines at first.they were passed down from my grandfather.i loved them so much that i had to have a couple more.im now the proud owner of 5 m1 carbines.wouldnt trade them for the world.their a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.ive never had 1 issue.i think everyone should own one atleast once in their lifetime.

Hoarding should not be allowed! If this isn't a perfect example of why we need a re-distribution of wealth in this country I don't know what is. :D:n00b:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    The M1 carbine is a magnificent piece of the history of our armed forces and just plain fun to own and shoot. If your lucky enough to own an original GI model it will serve you well and the values just keep pushing north every year. If I had it to do all over again I would have spent a lifetime collecting original GI battle rifles both for their historical and monetary value.

Glennster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    I've got a GI model, it came with a standard stock and an after market folding stock. My 14 year digs the folder.....
    The one my buddy brought to the range is one he bought 40 years ago, very SWEET!!!

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    My father had one, and more than any one other gun, I have still shot it more than any other. What a great rifle. One of these days I will pick one up, if I can still afford on by then. :)

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    i really like the m1 carbines.im not lucky enough to own one of the older ones.i have the universal m1 carbine.i know its no know up to par with an inland,winchester,rockola,ibm etc..but its a hoot to shoot.ammo is a little tough to get ahold of sometimes.usually have to resort to buying reloads but oh well.

Eh, if your universal is a hoot to shoot I'd have to say it's just as good as my Inland and Quality Hardware. :thu: I have to admit that I've got an eye out for one of the new Auto Ordinance carbines. If the price is right I'd have no problem jumping on it.

Of course, there would have to be no USGI carbines in good condition at a good price out on a table anywhere. :D I'm still kicking myself hard over letting a nice M1, with a good condition high-wood stock, pass at the last Kokomo show for a stickered price of $575.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    another great thing about the carbine that ive noticed is your starting to see alot more of them then ever,atleast i am.ive seen quite a few of the older ones.and the newer versions by auto ordinance are pretty much everywhere.i stopped by the outdoorsman in greenwood the other day and they had 6 or 7 of them on their shelves.they had the regular wooden stocks,para trooper stocks and 1 tactical stock.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    You guys are giving me the "itch". What a great little rifle. My ex's dad gave me his for my thirtieth birthday. ( he had picked it up for $50 at the PX back in the late 50s early 60's) I passed it on to my boy when he turned 21. I still get to shoot it, but it may be time to pick up one of my own.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    The only gun that I ever sold that I totally regret. Not sure what I was thinking when I sold it.:dunno:

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    The M1 was one of my must own guns along with a 91/30 and M44. It is a thrill to shoot and to just own. I had offers to buy it after I walked 10 feet from the table I had just bought it from.

Top Bottom