• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Need some ideas on a sight upgrade for my Smith & Wesson M&P40. Though I am fairly consistent with the stock 3 dot sights, I just can't seem to hit the sighted bullseye. I'm not quite sure if it is my grip/presentation/stance, or if I'm having an issue focusing with the stock sights. Noticed that the 2 rear dots were a MUCH brighter white than the front... tried to darken up the rear and brighten the front, but I am still having issues. Looking for sight upgrade suggestions.

Side note... I also have a gen 4 Glock 17 and LOVE the stock sights, and consistently hit where I am aiming with decent grouping.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I asked a similar question a while back (see below).
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../172912-m_and_p_replacement_sights_cheap.html

I was shooting a little erratic. I modified the trigger with a kit from Apex Tactical and it helped me a ton!
    I am now more consistent, but I am still finding myself shooting about 1" low.
    You will notice in the thread above, someone mentioned that the M&P has a combat sight picture (instead of the top of the site being the point of aim/impact, the white dots are the point of aim/impact. I have not been able to validate that anywhere, not even on the S&W site or forum. I have done a little searching, but not exhaustive by any means.
    I am also not totally ruling me out of the picture.
    The last time I went to the range, I got a 10 shot group in a 1"- 1.25" (I did not measure) group. I aimed about an inch above the bullseye. To be honest that is the best I have ever shot....ever. I am going to chaulk a little up to luck and a little up to my improvement. I have definitely been improving, but I am not able to rule out yet the idea that the sights are set so that it shoots a little low using the traditional sight picture.
    If it is still me, I am OK with that, but before I do anything with the sight, I am going to practice some more....and watch this thread!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would spend some money on some good quality training before I'd upgrade the sights.

Fix your shooting first. :yesway:

Top Bottom