• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ok, so I have owned a few M&P autos and I know the triggers on the 1.0 models are not all that great from the get go.

Recently picked up a 2.0 compact and it shoots better all around. I am not a fan of the extreme grip texture as it eats my skin and clothes. Sanded it down a bit because I love the trigger.

Wife wants it because ... well, it doesn't matter why.

I am pretty invested in the 1.0 FS guns. I currently have four of them. Two of which have CT laser grips on them. I considered just getting a FS 2.0, but the lasers are not compatible.

Started looking at the Apex Action Enhancement Alum Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit.

I had a 1.0c and put a new sear in it which helped a bit. My FS are all stock inside.

Will this, or any update, help to get closer to the 2.0 trigger? I would much rather buy two trigger kits than two new guns and lasers.

Any input would be appreciated. The thought just came to me and I know the black Friday deals will dry up shortly.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Ok, so I have owned a few M&P autos and I know the triggers on the 1.0 models are not all that great from the get go.

Started looking at the Apex Action Enhancement Alum Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit.

Will this, or any update, help to get closer to the 2.0

I have an Apex in DAEK (spelling?) in .45c & love it, for a primarly HK guy, I carry my .45c frequently.

Also have alum FF APEX in full size 9, 3.5lb.

I personally prefer the DAEK, even over the 2.0 9mm trigger (have compact 2.0).

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have an Apex in DAEK (spelling?) in .45c & love it, for a primarly HK guy, I carry my .45c frequently.

Also have alum FF APEX in full size 9, 3.5lb.

I personally prefer the DAEK, even over the 2.0 9mm trigger (have compact 2.0).

Which model number is the FF Apex in your FS 9? That is what I am most interested in.

Have a FS .45 version 1 but don't carry it at all. Just got it so I would have all the calibers. Hope they don't bring out a 10mm soon as I don't want to buy another safe sitter.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    1. An full apex trigger kit will give you a far better trigger than any stock 2.0

2. I'm pretty sure your laser grip should work fine on a full size 2.0 I've swapped stock 1.0 and 2.0 back straps, so I see no reason they shouldn't. Just take a grip to your local shop and ask to check.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    M&P's are one of the easiest pistols to perform a trigger job on. I did it myself and it was extremely easy. Maybe not as good as an Apex trigger kit, but at 100% less cost it was worth the effort and I figured that if I messed it up I could just buy an Apex trigger kit.

S&W M&P Trigger Job

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    1. An full apex trigger kit will give you a far better trigger than any stock 2.0

2. I'm pretty sure your laser grip should work fine on a full size 2.0 I've swapped stock 1.0 and 2.0 back straps, so I see no reason they shouldn't. Just take a grip to your local shop and ask to check.

Per CT's website the lasergrip will not work with the 2.0 which sucks for me.

M&P's are one of the easiest pistols to perform a trigger job on. I did it myself and it was extremely easy. Maybe not as good as an Apex trigger kit, but at 100% less cost it was worth the effort and I figured that if I messed it up I could just buy an Apex trigger kit.

S&W M&P Trigger Job

I will read thru this. If not too invasive I might try it on my back-up to my back-up.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Seriously, it is dead simple. And, if it doesn't work, then get the Apex trigger. That's how I looked at it and it worked out perfectly fine, especially for $0.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I ordered an Apex kit to take advantage of some black friday shipping. I will grab the last line version and start taking it apart as soon as I get my punches back. If I screw it I will have the spares from the Apex kit to swap back in with.

This will also give me plenty of time to work on it since it is a redundant pistol.

Thanks for the push, hopefully I follow thru.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Apex has a video that shows you everything you need to know about swapping the trigger out. I don't think you will be disappointed with the Apex trigger. I put one in a S&W SD9VE, it made a world of difference.

Top Bottom