• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentt2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Speedway
    Im looking to pick up a M&P soon and am stuck between the 9 mm and 40 Cal. im also looking into the pricing of them from person to person. anybody with any ideas?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Do you want new or used? Shop around for the best price you will want to spend. Look into the what you want to do with the pistol and the price of .40 and 9MM ammo may help with the decision for the purchase.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I'll sell an M&P 9 to you for $700. Gently used. And include a third mag.

Nice.... rip-off. ;)

OP, for a person-to-person transaction, I always go check out the price of a new gun on Bud's website, figure what my costs including transfer would be, and then decide what kind of discount I'd be looking for off of brand new if it's a used gun.

Also, even if you can't use the INGO classified's yet, if you can browse it, it's also a great resource to see what the going asking prices are for a similar gun.

In your case, the cash price including shipping for a brand new, fullsize 9mm M&P from Bud's is $441. Figure another $25 for a transfer from your local dealer, bringing you to $466, and then decide, based on condition what you would pay someone for a used gun. For a standard M&P, I probably wouldn't go more than the neighborhood of $400 for a well-taken-care-of example.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I looked at the classified's and everything listed is in the $450 neighborhood. I wouldn't pay this for a used gun, when I could get a new one for $465-475.

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    I shoot both 9 and 40. I can place multiple rounds faster with the 9 and the magazine holds more rounds. I like them both, but to choose one, I'll take the 9.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I sold mine (unfired, NIB) for around $400 not long ago. We sell them new at the shop at $509.95. Anywhere in that range would be reasonable, IMO.

And I bought it from you! It was $450 though. But if you wish you had sold it for $400 instead you can send me $50 back ;). Good purchase. I like it a lot.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I paid $499 for mine last year at this time. I would expect to pay close to that for a like new condition used one from a private party if you value not having to fill out a form.

It doesn't matter to me if I have to fill out a form or not so I would pay around $400 for a used one in good condition.

I am looking for a Shield and was surprised to find that 2 out of the 3 shops I called today had them in stock. (just a side note..:))

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    A used M&P is going to be in the neighborhood of $375-425 from a private party. I wouldn't give $425 unless it was in like new condition. You can find new pistols at the local gun stores in the $479-509 range. I know my shop sells them for $499.

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'll sell you a brand new one for $750 so don't let Indy Guy rip you off!

I'll sell you mine for $800, but not a penny more. Only ~300 rounds through it!

But seriously, I bought mine new locally at ZX Guns for only $479. To me, even for a pristine "not new" M&P, I'd not pay more than $400. Past that point and I'd rather have factory new for not that much more.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Remember, smith has updated some internal parts and changed barrel twist recently to address some accuracy and trigger issues. Buy new. As new as you can get, like, born on test fire whatever date in late '13 or 14.

You can search the m&p sear to see the difference.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I posted this previously, but it seemed to get lost in the shuffle. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore has the full size M&P 9 with or without thumb safety for $429.99 and if you add in the price of an FFL from your LGS, you should be around $450 - $455 total price for a brand new M&P. If you're looking for new, that's about as good as it gets.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Seems to me they have been dropping in price. Is the Core dropping too? Sales down for M&Ps. Stock for S&W not looking good right now.

I posted this previously, but it seemed to get lost in the shuffle. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore has the full size M&P 9 with or without thumb safety for $429.99 and if you add in the price of an FFL from your LGS, you should be around $450 - $455 total price for a brand new M&P. If you're looking for new, that's about as good as it gets.

Top Bottom