• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huskymt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Nevada
    I was just wondering how the availability of M&P’s pistols are in your neck of the country? Here in the west we have a shortage of M&P’s and I’m not sure why. Has anyone heard what’s going on???:dunno:

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I think people are just buying them. They are out of stock at a lot of online retailers.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Oh, Gander Mountain has them if you want to pay about twice what they are worth. I know of an online vendor that had some 2 weeks ago on the cheap. PM me if you like.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Oh, Gander Mountain has them if you want to pay about twice what they are worth. I know of an online vendor that had some 2 weeks ago on the cheap. PM me if you like.

You're not kidding, we were there Sunday and M&P9 mags were $60! :n00b: I got my gf one from botach for $22.98! Gee whiz... Plenty of the pistols for sale around here.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Well, I had a hard time getting one with the thumb safety. I had to go to the net for that.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I've bought three (9, 9c, 22 pistol) over the past two months from my fav dealer. They are few and far between but the distributors WILL get them for their good dealers. Set a relationship w a local dealer. If u want it they will get it for you!

rivitir

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    I just got an M&P with thumb safety. Its my understanding that the shortage is due to a very large oversea's order S&W got for them. Especially the 40. They said they would have them again mid Oct. Apparently the Euro PD's & some of the MIL's really like them. At least thats what one S&W rep told me when I was looking for mine.

Gallery had about 40 M&P40's with thumb safety. In just 3 days they where sold out. Glad I got mine when I did. :-)

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I stopped by the gander mountain in merrillville yesterday on my way to work. They had a used full size M&P 45 in their case for $580 :laugh: I almost fell over from laughing so hard. It made my day a little bit brighter.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We currently have all the basic models in-stock, but getting additional inventory on-demand may be problematic; I'm seeing lots of "0" quantities with my various distributors. Specialty models like the "L", the Pro, the JG, etc. are also pretty much not available. I have had some indications from one of my distributor reps who was out visiting the S&W plant recently that they are in the midst of ramping up production on the M&Ps, 1911s and other popular models.

I just got an M&P with thumb safety. Its my understanding that the shortage is due to a very large oversea's order S&W got for them.

I, too, have heard that the shortage was due to a large foreign government order.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    No M&P shortage at my house! Got mine from a gun show in June though, no local shops here in VA had the PRO series. Good luck!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I can't find a pro when I have the money,

they don't sync up

I don't think you are the only one that has that problem. I lucked out and picked my 4.25" 9 Pro up in April and I haven't seen either that one or the 5" Pro in stock ever. Best thing, have about $100 available for a quick lay away, that is how I had to do it!

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Maybe I am in the minority but to me the M&P feels more like a metal gun wrapped in plastic than a Glock does. Another rumor I heard was that the M&P was in the running to replace the M9 for the US military.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Maybe I am in the minority but to me the M&P feels more like a metal gun wrapped in plastic than a Glock does. Another rumor I heard was that the M&P was in the running to replace the M9 for the US military.

There was an article in one of the recent Army Times newspaper about this and yes the M&P seems to be one of the leading candidates for it.

Top Bottom