• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

glocker1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Wanted to get your opinions on this. When trading guns (or buying for that matter), would you consider someone NOT disclosing a mechanical problem with their gun, that you later find proof that they knew about, to be the same as lying about it?
    Short version. Traded guns. ASked lots of questions about his. After I got it and came home was doing a detail strip when I found the problem. Whilke doing research for an answer on another gun forum, found posts by seller asking about the same issue I was. So bottom line, he knew and didn't tell me. I know all about"buyer beware". Just curious if you feel this was a fair way to do business.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yea, that kinda sucks!! not a big fan of trading, but have bought lots of used guns off Gun Broker & Auction arms, they always have a three day no shoot return policy, sorry to hear you had trouble on a transaction, hope the fix is cheep, or you can send it back to the factory for repair.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not gonna get involved in that loaded question... LOL But, will say we are in a period of time that we need as many gun owners possible and as passionate about the hobby as possible. I would be concerned if too many dealings like that happened, some might get " soured " and we would ultimately loose many to the hobby.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Are you referring to the same deal that you already left negative feedback on? If so, are you trying to get around the rules on negative feedback by starting a new thread on the same deal?
    Or is this another deal?

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    happened to me. i just bought a replacement part and went about my life. didn't leave feedback, and won't trade with again. why take it personally?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know what was traded for what, but it really doesn't matter.

You traded fair and you feel the other guy traded dirty.
    Pretty lousy that you found out his very problems after the deal has been done.

It's a good lesson for the rest of us. Look up the other guys' posts before doing a deal.

Sorry about your deal, but thanks for the heads up.

Hardballer45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    so are You gonna disclose that information to a potential seller? Is it the STI lawman You currently have listed in the clasifieds? there is no mention of any problems with this pistol in your post.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Pot and the kettle much?

He who lives in glass houses.

so are You gonna disclose that information to a potential seller? Is it the STI lawman You currently have listed in the clasifieds? there is no mention of any problems with this pistol in your post.

Q F T! Good point.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You had your opportunity to state your case in a previous feedback thread. Let's not re-open it here, ok?

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom