• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    On another forum it was mentioned that there is some discussion of Senator Lugar for Secretary of State.

Let's see; that would mean that Mitch Daniels would select an interim replacement until a special election could be held.

I wonder if there's anything we could do to encourage such an appointment?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Cards and letters of support. I can't think of a Republican more suited for an Obamanation administration.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    I understand he has already denied interest as his current committee memberships are more special to him.
    We can hope for Evan B for such an honor also.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I understand he has already denied interest as his current committee memberships are more special to him.
    We can hope for Evan B for such an honor also.

Fat chance of that. The dems. are way too close to their coveted filibuster proof majority to allow him to serve as S. of S.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It would be great to get rid of EITHER of our esteemed Senators, but I really don't see that happening. At least as SofS, they really couldn't jack with us as much.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Steve Carter would be a good choice. Possibly a prime SCOTUS candidate down the road. Although, most Justices have been on the Federal bench prior to appointment.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Steve Carter would be a good choice. Possibly a prime SCOTUS candidate down the road. Although, most Justices have been on the Federal bench prior to appointment.

Absolutely not. Steve Carter sat on his hands for a year while unions made robo-calls against Mike Sodrel. Within a week, 1 week, after a 527 started robo-calls against Baron Hill he sued the 527 and put all the pressure he could on them. I would never, ever, support Steve Carter after that.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    On another forum it was mentioned that there is some discussion of Senator Lugar for Secretary of State.

Let's see; that would mean that Mitch Daniels would select an interim replacement until a special election could be held.

I wonder if there's anything we could do to encourage such an appointment?

While I'd love to see his seat vacant, I'm sure he would make a very bad SoS. His GLOBAL thinking is wrongheaded and I get the feeling when I hear him speak that he knows more than us common people. Now if Obama appointed him Presidential Pet Pooper Scooper (for the new puppy) I could go for that.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    While I'd love to see his seat vacant, I'm sure he would make a very bad SoS. His GLOBAL thinking is wrongheaded and I get the feeling when I hear him speak that he knows more than us common people. Now if Obama appointed him Presidential Pet Pooper Scooper (for the new puppy) I could go for that.

John Kerry is being discussed for the job. Could Lugar be worse?

Don't answer that...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone he chooses is going to suck at being secretary of state because Obama sucks and he's going to surround himself with his own ilk. We have a net "win" if he pulls someone from a job where they're hurting us in their current position.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I wonder how Senator Lugar would respond to letters from us suggesting that his being Secretary of State would be an excellent idea and that he could best serve the US in such a position.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom