• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nick112785

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    I bought a SW sigma 40 from ludco a few years ago. The price was pretty average, but like others have said the owner was rude and wouldnt even consider negotiation.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    wow i should log in to this thread more often.

as fr as it being a dick move if fred would keep his prices in play with everyone besides don then i would be more than happy to buy from him. fact of the matter is you can usually pay shipping and transfer and still save 15-20%. also why would i spend money with someone who treats me like im taking up his valuable time by asking "can i see that x" im guessing if i go to pss or bradies they have no problem showing me x because thats how they make a living.

if there prices are so high becuase they carry so much inventory then thats there problem not mine. i guess i should be willing to pay 100 exra bucks so he can have the most guns in one room of anywhere else:dunno:.

i will go out of my way to keep my money local and i will pay extra to do so, but the shop has to atleast be in the ballpark or willing to get there. there is a shop local to me (liberty) when ever i go to buy somthing i always call them and say "i can get x for x dollars to your door, can you come close to that" 99% of the time they say i cant match it but i can come within 20 bucks and i tell them to order it

Thats all well and good, he may very well be high. I have been in there a few times, bought a gun once. From what I have seen their prices aren't enough higher to cover the shipping, FFL fee, and 15% like you claim.

My issue is that you are specifically going there to handle his guns, maybe dry fire, play with, see what you like, etc knowing full well you aren't going to buy anything. I guess my point of view comes from being a business owner myself.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    one thing i did want to clarify (not that it really changes anything) is when i say "buy online" i mean on online classifieds sections. i rarly buy a brand new gun. i almost always go with used. i dont want to post "ill take it" without knowing what i think of the gun.

most shops you cant buy from say buds and pay transfer and ffl and save much. from what ive seen of ludco you can. that said i have not been in there in 2-3 years

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I went there ONCE. Just ONCE!

Bad thing is,Fred knows I had an FFL and I have sold him rare & expensive guns from estates that he wanted stuff from because he called and asked for it. I showed up one day in his shop & he knew darn good and well I was coming to examine a H&K P7M13 for $xxx.xx. When I got there from Kokomo,it was $xxxx.xx. How the f*** did that happen? I just got off the phone with him. If it doesn't go his way,it's NO WAY! I never marked up sh*t to him and I get treated like that?? Fork him and the horse he rode in on!!!

You obviously must've caught him on his 'good' days if you bought from him or like to frivolously throw money down the crapper.

Top Bottom