• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I know One Shot is popular... however it didn't work for me. The only stuck cases I've ever had was with One Shot... I threw a can in the trash that was 95% full.

Lee Case Lube works, but is slow to apply.

Once I found D.C.L. (Dillon Case Lube), I never looked back. I'll never try another product as long as I can find D.C.L.. It's easy to apply, and makes my press runs very smooth.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So what does everyone use when they lube for rifle case reloading?
    Anything ya don't like cause it's too measy? too expensive? :dunno:

RCBS case lube works well for me. Just don't use too much. I put some on my lube pad and just use my fingers to apply it to the cases as I load them into the loading block. All it takes is just a very thin film on the cases. I do use a .30cal swab and apply a light coating inside the case neck as well. I use Dawn dish soap and Lemishine along with the stainless steel media when I tumble so the Dawn and Lemishine remove any left over lube before I trim and re-prime.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I use the Lee Case lube with no problems. The trick with One Shot is you have to let the cases dry for at least 10 to 15 minutes before sizing them or they will get stuck. As always, keep your sizing die clean.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I've used one can of Hornady one shot wax for close to three years! I've resized easily over 5000 cases with it. Over 1000 once fired military 308 brass and several thousand 223 military brass. I've never had a stuck case. I'm really not sure how long it's gonna last. The wax is a little messy but when I normally sit down to resize I'm doing quite a bit at one time. Residual on the finger tips might work for a couple cases in a row.:laugh:

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I've used one can of Hornady one shot wax for close to three years! I've resized easily over 5000 cases with it. Over 1000 once fired military 308 brass and several thousand 223 military brass. I've never had a stuck case. I'm really not sure how long it's gonna last. The wax is a little messy but when I normally sit down to resize I'm doing quite a bit at one time. Residual on the finger tips might work for a couple cases in a row.:laugh:
    I saw that at a gun show. Is it the old Hornady Unique wax with a new name and container?

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I know One Shot is popular... however it didn't work for me. The only stuck cases I've ever had was with One Shot... I threw a can in the trash that was 95% full.

Lee Case Lube works, but is slow to apply.

Once I found D.C.L. (Dillon Case Lube), I never looked back. I'll never try another product as long as I can find D.C.L.. It's easy to apply, and makes my press runs very smooth.

Yep, the Dillon works well on bottlenecked cases. I do use the One Shot for pistol brass and non-bottlenecked cases though. It works well there.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've had great luck with Hornady One Shot. I've done 308, 6.8, 223/556, 30-06 with it and only suck 1 223 case and it was my fault. Just make sure you let out dry for a few minutes. I usually spray the cases in a reloading tray and go about getting everything else setup and by that time they are good to go.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    A type of industrial hydraulic fluid made by castrol that has a thinner viscosity than transmmision fluid.
    Once a year I steal a few ounces out of one of the barrels at work.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Hornady One Shot spray...liberally applied from two different angles, making sure 1. you shoot it at an angle to lube the inside of the neck and 2. you wait at least a couple minutes between spraying and starting to size.

I've only had two stuck cases using One Shot (and I reload a fair bit of 223 & 260) and both were because I sprayed just one side, then immediately tried to size.

Top Bottom