• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I sent my wifes app in online this morning. Can she go to the county Sheriff the same day and pay and get printed? I am not going to have her do the L1.

So if she has her application number and the money orders can she go in today?

When I did mine I just went in they didn't have the online deal so I have not traveled this road before.

bigsteve

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Yes. You can go today but I highly recommended going with l1. It only took me 8 days to receive mine my buddy is still waiting on his. He went to the police station to get printed and that was over 6 weeks ago.

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    GO L1. I mailed mine before I knew about L1 and waited 13 weeks for my LTCH. My son used L1 and had his license in hand in eight days. In my opinion, ten dollars well spent. Since my 4 year license had expired, I could not carry during that 13 weeks - not good!!!

Last edited:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Thanks guys I appreciate the fast response. I know I probably could have searched out the answer on the forum. I was having a busy morning so I needed to post and keep moving while I look for an answer later. So thanks for not busting my nuts for not using search.

I am not using L1 because it showned Merrillville as the closest place. My wife is going into Crown Point today anyway. So the fact that I had to push her to get her permit makes the wait time not anything for me to worry about. I just didn't want to make it any more difficult than it has to be to apply. Now that the application was online made that part a breeze.

Now my son turns 18 in June so for that we will use the L1 because I know he will want to get back to the range as quickly as possible and not wait 13 weeks for a permit.

How does the L1 work? I never did that because as I said, when I got my lifetime the application had to be done at Lake county Sheriff department.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Thanks guys I appreciate the fast response. I know I probably could have searched out the answer on the forum. I was having a busy morning so I needed to post and keep moving while I look for an answer later. So thanks for not busting my nuts for not using search.

I am not using L1 because it showned Merrillville as the closest place. My wife is going into Crown Point today anyway. So the fact that I had to push her to get her permit makes the wait time not anything for me to worry about. I just didn't want to make it any more difficult than it has to be to apply. Now that the application was online made that part a breeze.

Now my son turns 18 in June so for that we will use the L1 because I know he will want to get back to the range as quickly as possible and not wait 13 weeks for a permit.

How does the L1 work? I never did that because as I said, when I got my lifetime the application had to be done at Lake county Sheriff department.

After you fill out the app online, you make an appointment with L1. You go there and they do the fingerprints. They also run the background check, which they accomplish MUCH quicker than the ISP does, which is why the turnaround is much faster. You have to take your app to the PD/Sheriff to get it processed and pay the local fee.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    GO L1. I mailed mine before I knew about L1 and waited 13 weeks for my LTCH. My son used L1 and had his license in hand in eight days. In my opinion, ten dollars well spent. Since my 4 year license had expired, I could not carry during that 13 weeks - not good!!!

Ouch...I guess that is why you are supposed to renew to the lifetime at 3 1/2 years so that doesn't happen. I figured they just printed you a new pink piece of paper with no exp. date on it and you would have it within days.

Does the new one show a new date issued or is it the date issued on the 4 year?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    L1 is great. I did my online application on one night, made my appointment online for my printing the next morning, had everything done by noon monday, and 8 days later had a LTCH. Very fast service in Cass County. Hope other counties are just as smooth.

-MColford

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    For the people who have 4yr licenses who worry about the expiration, there are two things you need to understand. IN law allows for the renewal of a 4yr license at a year before expiration now. It used to be only six months.

Second, if your license expires after you have started the renewal process, you may carry your renewal application along with your currently expired license and still be allowed to carry your firearm. If your license has expired before you start the renewal process, you may or may not be allowed to do that, I'm not sure.

As someone who had to wait while the ISP broke state law before I received my LLTCH, go the L1 route. I wish I had.

IANAL, TINLA

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    My wife was not able to get to the county today- to busy getting my son everything he needed for prom.

So is there a way to still do the L1 thing? I already sent the app online this morning and was going to have her go there today. She got the money orders but didn't get to the sheriff. So can I go back in and make an appointment for L1?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Wife filed on Monday and got it in mail yesterday (Friday) using the L1 Solutions in Merrerville at the UPS store. Unreal. I did the old school via the PD and mail and it took about 10 weeks.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Wife filed on Monday and got it in mail yesterday (Friday) using the L1 Solutions in Merrerville at the UPS store. Unreal. I did the old school via the PD and mail and it took about 10 weeks.

Where is the UPS store in Merrrilville that she went too? I may try to call on Monday and she if she can still do it through them.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The Packaging Store
    25 W. 80th Place in Merrerville (just off broadway) Money order for $85.95 (75 to state 9.95 to L1) Make money order out to L1 Identity Solutions. Call 877-472-6917. Or go on line and schedule the appointment.

Where is the UPS store in Merrrilville that she went too? I may try to call on Monday and she if she can still do it through them.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Thanks bigretic. I signed up for the L1 online last night. She is going there today. Then to the county tomorrow (they are not open today).

Top Bottom