• ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    WTF?

I just got back from the "Dentist" (J&S guns in Evansville) where I picked up two XDMs I bought from Bud's Gunshop. The guy was running EVERYONE that was picking up guns through the federal instant check thing.

WTF? He didn't even wanna see my License. He said they "wouldn't accept that for the Federal forms".

WTF??????? Since WHEN?

What is he talking about? I bought two other handguns a couple of months ago (used a different FFL) and he just took my LTCH and had me fill out the form and that was that.

Anyone know what changed or is J & S confused?

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    Who ever you were purchasing from prior to this is confused. NICS has not accepted an Indiana permit in years ( 9 or 10). I would be finding a new shop, because the one you have been using is in serious danger of losing there FFL

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    J & S is doing it right. It has been a LONG time since an FFL could simply accept your LTCH. Everyone has to be called in now.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well folks I guess this is what happens when you leave a hobby/interest for a number of years and then return! Stuff changes and you have to play catch up.

Perhaps the other dealer I used before DID "run me through" the Fed line and I didn't notice/see him do it?

Thanks for the edumacation!

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    I to was out of the gun buying mode since 1997! This year I purchased my first pistol (SA V-10 Ultra .45acp) since and, was confused when the dealer didn't want my LTCH permit, only my DL to prove I was me, and fill out my 4473, and then the Fed call. Wow how things change in 14 years......lol Wait, thats not funny, at all. :(

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    We are just lucky the government doesn't charge us for the back ground check. I have no problem with them knowing i am buying firearms, i liked it better the old way, but the government can't stand not controlling everything possible.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We are just lucky the government doesn't charge us for the back ground check. I have no problem with them knowing i am buying firearms, i liked it better the old way, but the government can't stand not controlling everything possible.

Exactly.

And if anyone reading this gets charged by their FFL "for the call", then find a new FFL that does honest business.

-J-

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Exactly.

And if anyone reading this gets charged by their FFL "for the call", then find a new FFL that does honest business.

-J-

Unless you are buying in a state where the call is made to a state/local agency and they (state/local agency) actually charge the FFL for every call they make ;)

Webhobbit, I don't recall the date IN changed but the LTCH was a valid substitute for the NICS check about 10 years ago. That was the time I moved to Indiana and if I remember correctly the issue date on your license made some people exempt for a couple extra years than other people with more recently issued/renewed permits because they were required to grandfather in those with valid licenses.

It's a shame Indiana didn't have the lifetime back then or there would be some people with a lifetime grandfathered license ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom