• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have no idea what you are talking about. There are no standardized LTCH interviews. Maybe your local PD or SO has questions they ask folks, but that is not an official part of the process. Where are you located?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    According to the Indiana Code, there should be no interview for the process of applying for an LTCH.

Might want to remind them of that.

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There is no provision in the law that allows them to question you prior to issuing an LTCH. At best, it comes under the CLEO sign-off for "a proper person", but that really means "has no record".

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    i just interviewed with the police chief and he just verified the info on my app and took my 10.00 and my fingerprints no fuss at all

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A bit of history.
    When I got my first CCW permit back in 1984, there was a place on the application that asked you to list your reason for applying.

A lot of people in those days made the mistake of going into a long winded line of excuses, when all they had to say was "I require it for personal protection", and just leaving it at that.

There was an Indiana Court case, Schubert vs DeBard from about 1980 or so that concluded asking for more of a reason than simply for personal protection was unconstitutional.

That's all ancient history, and in the years since, I've never been interviewed or asked questions about why I need it.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Interview???

When our Town first incorporated, I had to start going to the Police Chief(Instead of the Sheriff's Dept.) and our only discussion was to degrade the caliber/make of weapon that he was carrying-Glock 17!! Well--they HAVE upgraded-Glock 21's now....:draw:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Yeah... No interview here either. Granted Im joining the Reserve program, so they encouraged my LTCH, but at any rate it doesnt matter. You pay money, they submit paperwork, you get LTCH, everyone wins.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    No interview here. Actually never even saw the CLEO. Went in, paid got fingerprinted, came back, picked up paperwork, went to post office mailed to ISP, 8 weeks later pink paper arrived....

INGunGuy

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    No interview here. Actually never even saw the CLEO. Went in, paid got fingerprinted, came back, picked up paperwork, went to post office mailed to ISP, 8 weeks later pink paper arrived....

INGunGuy

Same here.

I had read on another site that we would get interviewed by the town sheriff when applying, so I was ready. But it never happened. In & out maybe 10 min.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I was interviewed when I got my LTCH. Had a meeting with the Police chief. I went in got my prints taken and we sat down and he said that it was my right to have a carry permit and he just wanted to make sure that I knew how to be safe with a firearm since he would be putting his signature on the application. I told him that I was a hunter and continued to explain that I had been around guns all my life but he stopped me before I could even finish and that was that. Not too much trouble really, I didn't mind.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I was interviewed by the Carmel Chief of Police when applying for my LTCH. It was actually a very enjoyable experience. He really just asked me about my knowledge and familiarity with guns.

Top Bottom