• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    Looks like I have added a 24" bull barrel cmmg upper to the collection. So I am going to have to find a lower. Anyone seen any good deals locally (Indy area)? Or seen any Cmmg lowers around? Any other recommendations? Really dont want to have to deal with ordering online and doing a transfer, but buying from a local dealer would be fine.

I know 21st Century has the Cav arms for 100 and Cmmg LPK's for 50 tomorrow but I think those might be a little light for this upper resulting in poor balance. Not to mention its a little bit of a haul.

Gun will be used for target shooting and maybe some coyote hunting.

Thanks in advance! :popcorn:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am really close to you and can do your transfer if neccessary....

that said, for a heavy barreled upper i HIGHLY suggest trying to find a tactical innovations lower... it has an allen head adjusable bedding block to adjust the tension between the upper and lower recievers... definatly a benefit when doing a heave barrelled build.

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    I am really close to you and can do your transfer if neccessary....

that said, for a heavy barreled upper i HIGHLY suggest trying to find a tactical innovations lower... it has an allen head adjusable bedding block to adjust the tension between the upper and lower recievers... definatly a benefit when doing a heave barrelled build.

Like this one...Tactical Innovations Forged T15 Lower Receiver ?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    thats it exactly.... you can stop by my place tonight if you want and i can show you one of mine i have in reserve.... on top of the tensioning screw it has another allen screw that captures the rear takedown pin detent spring and keeps it snug and secure while you change out buttstocks....
    i am still waiting on my paperwork to enroll in NICS so i wouldnt be able to do the transfer immediatly, if that is a concern. I also work for an ffl in new pal who will do the transfer for 35, or beech grove firearms will do it for 15. i am right in the middle. I just recieved my license a week and a half ago, so yours might very well be the first gun on my books!!!

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Nick installed the scope for me and I couldn't be happier. He did a great job with great care. If I have another project in hand, I will definitely have him to do again.

Top Bottom