• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Seems like the stars aligned today, as I had the day off (rare for me to have a Saturday off), the weather was gorgeous, and my wife and kids were busy with other things. So I headed down to Brown County this morning to see if I could bug lovemywoods into shooting with me.

After consuming an awesome homemade hamburger lunch ( https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/107351-best_burger_in_indiana-2.html#post1278604 ) we decided to pack up a few different guns and have an impromptu "Steel Challenge" with some of our recently acquired steel targets from Bobcat Steel. We even convinced Kr_Treefrog2 and my Mother to join us (hence the pictures :D).

Shooting steel would give us the opportunity to do several things:

Mom ended up inadvertently inventing a new 'tactical' product. She referred to this as her "Range Clutch". :D

607.jpg

What follows are several pictures of our time, in no particular order.

*Editors Note* The photographer asked that it be made known that I stole these pictures from her pre-processed, so please don't judge her. :D

IMG_1160.jpg

607-3.jpg

607-5.jpg

607-4.jpg

607-7.jpg

608.jpg

609.jpg

608-4.jpg

608-6.jpg

609-3.jpg

609-5.jpg

610.jpg

610-11.jpg

610-4.jpg

610-6.jpg

610-7.jpg

611-2.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Mom needs a silencer for her P22.

That was addressed! It was also pointed out that it would work on the 10/22.

What is that rifle in picture #18 from the top?

It's a 10/22 receiver in a Hogue stock, with Tactical Solutions lightweight bull barrel, picatinny rail, and Primary Arms Micro. I know he's also added some trigger stuff and other internals. It's a killer FNS gun. :yesway:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Is that a Gen 1 INGO hat? :D Looks like another great day at the lovemywoods range! Thanks for the AAR :ingo:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Mom needs a silencer for her P22.

Just sayin'.:D

While shooting the P22, we had a few failures to feed with Federal ammunition. None with CCI Mini-Mags.

Am I correct that with a suppressor on the P22, it might make the cycling more reliable by providing additional backpressure?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Am I correct that with a suppressor on the P22, it might make the cycling more reliable by providing additional backpressure?

Yep, that has been my experience.

Although, it won't fix all problems, obviously, as there could be other mechanical issues at fault. But adding a suppressor does boost pressure and usually will make tight fitting new gun cycle better.

Although I realize it is not the same platform, I once had an upper from LMT that just wouldn't run with any ammo, but once I put my suppressor on it, it was 100% reliable. I later had to open up the gas port after making sure everything else was in spec.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    WTB admission to run my recently aimpoint'd (Thx ESRice:D) 15-22 through the "LoveMyWoods Steel Challenge".

Maybe I can bring down some "Ready to grill" Porky Bacon Cheese Burgers as admission?

I actually think I'm going to stop somewhere today (After I stop at the city/county building to drop off my NFA forms for CLEO) when I leave here in an hour or so to sight in the aimpoint as I have not even mounted it yet.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Ahhh too bad I'm workin' today, or this would be great! :D

Hehe, yeah today (No I still haven't gotten away from the office) I'm headed downtown to get those forms submitted and then headed to resolve some issues with my Father's place.....

You working NEXT Wednesday?

<---Have tasty Beef+Pork products, will shoot steel, willing to travel!

Top Bottom