• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Gun control is not about reducing violence.

Gun control is not about guns.

Gun control is about control.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If we finally want to deal seriously with multiple-victim public shootings, it’s time that we acknowledge a common feature of these attacks: With just two exceptions, the Giffords attack in Tucson and another at an IHOP in Carson City, Nevada, every public shooting in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed since at least 1950 has occurred in a place where citizens are not allowed to carry their own firearms. Had some citizens been armed, they might have been able to stop the killings before the police got to the scene. In the Newtown attack, it took police 20 minutes to arrive at the school after the first calls for help.
    I have heard this argument before. However I am convinced logic and well reasoned debate is not going to win this battle.
    Presumably, if Obama thought that he had a stronger case, he wouldn’t have to be so deceptive in his arguments. But simply chanting the names of horrible events and demanding that we vote on gun control laws that would have done nothing to stop those attacks fails to add anything to the debate.
    As Lott points out, the left is using an emotional, asymmetrical tactic to advance their agenda. And so far, at least in NY and CO, it seems to be working.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think the most important paragraph is the one in which he reports that EVERY public shooting with more than three people killed, except two, since at least 1950, the past 63 years, has been in a GUN FREE ZONE (also known as free-fire killing ground).

If, after every shooting in a gun-free zone, everyone present sued for emotional distress because they didn't enforce the rule, these killing zones would disappear.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Brilliant. But he must admit that if magazines were smaller, then Obama could save "one more life", literally with a mag limit. It might save one, maybe a few lives (out of twenty or so) if we have magazine limits. But getting rid of GFZ's could very SIGNIFICANTLY reduce mass murders. So Lott s right, as always, that if we want meaningful change, it would be expanding gun rights, not more gun control.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Obama and Feinstein's proposals don't have anything to do with gun violence. That's not what they are truly designed to address. The purpose to which those policies and proposals have been crafted is to disabuse Americans of their 2nd Amendment rights. Any and all other effects are entirely incidental and accidental.

sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Criminals will always operate outside the law. Banning certain types of guns and magazines will only hurt the responsible gun owner. The criminal will still be able to aquire the gun and magazine from another country that still produces them. Will glock still be able to produce a 10+ round magazine for the multiple handguns they produce here in the states? If the goverment says no Glock may pack up and move to another country. That would be another on the list of companies America has lost due to strict manufacturing rules.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Logic, reason, the truth, are not what drives the left. Its not what gets their voters excited. The real issue is how to get these people to realize their own stupidity. I've come to realize that NOTHING someone tells them(from the other side) will convince them they are wrong. Its almost like religion. It takes a life experience to truly change someone's life. This is the real problem, since these people are voting their lives down the toilet, yet believe they are voting to better their lives, even when it gets worse, they still blame republicans, conservatives, no matter what happens, until reality sets in and they have nothing, and even then most will still blame someone else. Its a cycle that has been run throughout history, how do we stop it? well obviously no one has figured it out throughout history, so hey, PREPARE

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    When are the masses going to wake up and realize it isn't about violence or saving kids? If they wanted to save kids they'd stop abortion. If they wanted to stop violence they'd keep criminals in jail and look at the real mental health issues.

It's about their desire to control the law abiding citizenry!!!

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I read a book about a year or two ago which was a prediction of our future say in fifty years based on mega trends over the past 100 years. Aging populations, decreased birth rates etc. One thing that popped out was the ownership of ALL firearms would be totally banned worldwide. At the time I thought, How can they do that? Well, it starts small with reasonable gun control proposals. Then, when those don't work and there are more mass killings...We have to get serious about controlling firearms. Those new proposals wont work either and there is more violence. At some point, the sheeple will demand our government protect them from all these armed citizens and voila you either have an armed revolution, which will not succeed, or you have a gestapo like confiscation of anything that goes bang. If you listen very carefully to the words being used to bring this about, it tugs at the emotions of the uninformed. It has been stated that gun control is not about guns, but control. That's close, but doesn't really cover it. I feel these executive orders, and pending legislative actions were never designed to work. That's the whole idea. We know they won't work and so do the ones who designed them. They are just looking for a tipping point, where the balance shifts in their favor. We are loosing. City by city and state by state. I don't think we can turn it around, as there are too many nut jobs out there that make their case for them. I haven't given up and will do my part in writing and e-mailing my elected officials, but just remember, we are just one Supreme justice away from having individual rights to gun ownership overturned. Look what happened to Obama care and 60%+ of the population didn't approve of that.
    Well, enough of my double Crown Royal rant. I hope it made some sense. Be kind if it did not.:dunno:

Top Bottom