• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Hi guys,
    Someone I work with came across this in her barn and knowing I have some limited gun knowledge asked me about it. Unfortunately for her I have no clue as to what it even is. She states she had someone look at it years ago and its a machine gun off of a japanese fighter plane or something like that. It has japanese writing stamped on it. She said after getting it looked at she had some papers on it and documentation that the person who looked at it gave her but she has since lost them. From what she can recall they believed it to have been a de-milled relic piece from a Japanese WWII plane. Does anyone here know if this sounds right? can anyone provide any information on this piece? time period? est. worth?, etc. Any help from the INGO fam is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately she emailed the pictues through kodak gallery and I dont know how to upload them without first putting them on photobucket but kodak will not let me copy or save. So here is a link to the photos.

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

Thanks in advance for the info. any and all is appreciated.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    the numbers on it look to me like 83405 or B3405 and 5002 which doesnt really add up considering all other stamps and text are japanese?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hi guys,
    Someone I work with came across this in her barn and knowing I have some limited gun knowledge asked me about it. Unfortunately for her I have no clue as to what it even is. She states she had someone look at it years ago and its a machine gun off of a japanese fighter plane or something like that. It has japanese writing stamped on it. She said after getting it looked at she had some papers on it and documentation that the person who looked at it gave her but she has since lost them. From what she can recall they believed it to have been a de-milled relic piece from a Japanese WWII plane. Does anyone here know if this sounds right? can anyone provide any information on this piece? time period? est. worth?, etc. Any help from the INGO fam is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately she emailed the pictues through kodak gallery and I dont know how to upload them without first putting them on photobucket but kodak will not let me copy or save. So here is a link to the photos.

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

Thanks in advance for the info. any and all is appreciated.

Just for grins, why not send these pictures to the Japanese embassy in Washington, or to their consulate in Chicago, and see if they can help? (Or carry the thing into the nearest Beni-Hana and see what the reaction is. :D)

Top Bottom