• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Ok, I'm a college student on a college student's budget. I'm hoping to go into the police force and would like to have to experience with an ar before joining, not to mention that the guns are awesome. I've been looking at a del-ton upper thats 400 and a plum crazy lower at 120. Anybody have any reviews on those 2 or any suggestions for me? I would even be ok if you knew of some used. Thanks for the help. :ingo:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I would look into building. Im currently in school for criminal justice aswell, and I am in the process of building an AR. You can get exactly what you want and spend the money as you have it come avalible.

I went with a:
    Rock River stripped lower. 125$
    Rock River lower parts kit with 2 stage trigger. 130$
    From there i have not decided where to go yet.
    Either buy a complete upper or build it aswell.

Doing it this way has already saved a tremendous amount of money and I'm getting it exactly how I want it.

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    if your on a budget i wouldnt build a ar then ak's are fun builds but normal its about the same price in the end. AR's then drain much more money than one would want to spend my budget build quickly changed into a $1400 dissy model with magpul goodies and a aimpoint c3 red dot. but i do love it but not as much as my ak collection

birdslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Walkerton
    if your on a dime bravo company has bare lowers for $79.00 some of em are listed as blems or demo's all the ones ive seen dont have any blems more than my everyday shooters.

Hope it helps

Top Bottom